User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 00:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > what are the remote/screen and xk3y wifi dongle for?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What are the remote/screen and xK3y wifi dongle for?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
angeteen
_
3. December 2013 @ 22:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was thinking of purchasing a usb loader from Modchipcentral (http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/x360key-xbox-360-key-solderless-usb-loader-usa-canada.html), but a few questions came to mind. First what is the remote/screen for the USB Loader. What is it, and what does it do exactly? Also, as for the xK3y wifi dongle, what good will this do me? I know what Wifi is, but it doesn't seem like this would be a major issue in playing games from a USB hard drive, so what would be the purpose in getting it? Finally, while I am aware that there is an install option, I take it that is just for the drive, right (meaning they aren't going to send you an entire system)? If so why is the new 1175 Liteon drives $120 extra for this service?
readytolearn
_
4. December 2013 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The remote is used to select the games from the HD
You do not need the remote as all can be done from the dashboard

The wifi is used in the same way it allows you to select the games from your PC or use your mobile phone again not needed

Not sure about the drive as once you get the key and put it on the SD card your ready to go
angeteen
_
5. December 2013 @ 18:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the info. Since I plan on getting a new system (somebody stole the old one) I was thinking about getting the newer 360 (Xbox 360 E). Which brings up this question: what is the difference between the newer and the older 360? I went to Gamestop, and they actually wanted $230 for a used newer model. Considering the original only goes for $100 used, that's quite a mark-up. Also, an even better question, would the USB device even work with this, or would I have to get the older system model?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. December 2013 @ 18:41

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > what are the remote/screen and xk3y wifi dongle for?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork