User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 04:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > bricked my wii?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Bricked my wii?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
makez123
_
15. August 2013 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I bought an used WII today and installed homebrew channel successfully and got to the point of starting up USB loader GX, however soon I returned to the ordinary wii menu to check on something (can't recall what) and figured out that WII had completely frozen, nothing did help and pressing the power button down for a longer while didn't help.

So I did unplug the wii and tried to restart it without success, instead I got black screen.

I had the version to install bootmii as boot2, though as new as I was I didn't backup my NAND and thus I do not have it.

Is there any possible way to recover from such brick?

System is pal version 4.3 and was hacked using letterbomb.

The system is still able to start MMM (last time I tried got stuck at at ''successfully loaded IOS'' but nothing after.

If there is something that can be done I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

To note I am using 4gb SDHC if that could cause a problem with the MMM being stuck.

tried this:
Download http://www.mediafire.com/download/97...Nand_Tools.zip and extract it to your pc.
Put the bootmii folder you made during the bootmii install on your sd card.
Boot the wii and make a nand backup, you will probably need a standard sd card.
Copy the nand.bin and key.bin from the nand backup from your sd card to a backup location on your pc and to the folder with nand tools (two copies)
Open ohneswanzeneger from the nand tool folder
Open your nand.bin with ohneswanzeneger
Format your nand.bin with ohneswanzeneger
install 4.3e with ohneswanzeneger (just type 4.3e and get it)
Enter the serial number of the wii into the setting.txt when asked
exit ohneswanzeneger
Open a shell console command prompt and nav to the nand tools dir
Run[nandbincheck nand.bin -all -v[/code]The check should pass without much issue
Now copy your new nand.bin back to sd card
Load bootmii and restore the nand backup

Any other suggestions would be welcome, WII starts up with bootmii fine, however when I start it up without an SD card or anything on it I just get a black screen and a message on my hdtv of ''No signal''.
tongs007
_
15. August 2013 @ 15:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by makez123:
So I bought an used WII today and installed homebrew channel successfully and got to the point of starting up USB loader GX, however soon I returned to the ordinary wii menu to check on something (can't recall what) and figured out that WII had completely frozen, nothing did help and pressing the power button down for a longer while didn't help.

So I did unplug the wii and tried to restart it without success, instead I got black screen.

I had the version to install bootmii as boot2, though as new as I was I didn't backup my NAND and thus I do not have it.

Is there any possible way to recover from such brick?

System is pal version 4.3 and was hacked using letterbomb.

The system is still able to start MMM (last time I tried got stuck at at ''successfully loaded IOS'' but nothing after.

If there is something that can be done I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

To note I am using 4gb SDHC if that could cause a problem with the MMM being stuck.

tried this:
Download http://www.mediafire.com/download/97...Nand_Tools.zip and extract it to your pc.
Put the bootmii folder you made during the bootmii install on your sd card.
Boot the wii and make a nand backup, you will probably need a standard sd card.
Copy the nand.bin and key.bin from the nand backup from your sd card to a backup location on your pc and to the folder with nand tools (two copies)
Open ohneswanzeneger from the nand tool folder
Open your nand.bin with ohneswanzeneger
Format your nand.bin with ohneswanzeneger
install 4.3e with ohneswanzeneger (just type 4.3e and get it)
Enter the serial number of the wii into the setting.txt when asked
exit ohneswanzeneger
Open a shell console command prompt and nav to the nand tools dir
Run[nandbincheck nand.bin -all -v[/code]The check should pass without much issue
Now copy your new nand.bin back to sd card
Load bootmii and restore the nand backup

Any other suggestions would be welcome, WII starts up with bootmii fine, however when I start it up without an SD card or anything on it I just get a black screen and a message on my hdtv of ''No signal''.
never bricked a wii, i don't even make a nand backup, sounds like you have done a good job :) good luck
you may nee a gamecube pad/ or a wii dance mat

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. August 2013 @ 15:55

_
17. August 2013 @ 04:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have never managed to brick a wii either

However if you can load MMM - use modmii to get a full set of IOS's for the wii (hack a 4.0 to 4.3 in the settings for modmii) install all the IOS's (inc system menu) and see if this assists. If you were only returning to wii menu from a loader then nothing should have happened.

For All Flashcart Firmware Updates http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
Sakura for the M3Real - Amazing Firmware
http://handheldsources.net
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > bricked my wii?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork