User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 02:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > gameboy player disc's needed
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Gameboy Player disc's needed
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dwaynel
_
3. January 2013 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been trying (Unsuccessfully)to burn a gameboy player disc for the gamecube. If there is someone on here that has done it that can assist me, It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Advertisement
_
__
megadunderhead
_
5. January 2013 @ 01:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dwaynel:
I have been trying (Unsuccessfully)to burn a gameboy player disc for the gamecube. If there is someone on here that has done it that can assist me, It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
why it doesnt work on the wii only on the gamecube
dwaynel
_
5. January 2013 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I canot find anyon who has recently commented on anything about the Gamecube so I posted it here. If I could find someone that could supply me with the disc's, I'm sure I could work something out with them in return.
megadunderhead
_
7. January 2013 @ 02:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I canot find anyon who has recently commented on anything about the Gamecube so I posted it here. If I could find someone that could supply me with the disc's, I'm sure I could work something out with them in return.
the problem is the disk you are looking for no one can backup because it uses a verifier of which few people wanted to bother with to hack you will need to order the disk from nintendo
dwaynel
_
7. January 2013 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes I wish I could order them from Nintendo, However I already called them and I was told that they are out of stock and will not be making any anymore. So I have to try to find someone who has successfully burned one and find out how to do it or buy them from them. I can't seem to get it right, And from what I've read, It's a very finicky process that results in a l;ot of coasters until you get it right. Thats why I'm looking here. I restore vintage systems, And have a lot of requests for the player.

Thanks, DL

DSL COMM.
dwaynel
_
7. January 2013 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought I saw you had another reply for me on my email but didn't see anything here. I must have been mistaken. If you do hear of someone that might be able to help me with this, PLEASE fwd my info to them. I can't believe that Nintendo will no longer carry the disc's. But then again with the stuff they have doing lately it shouldn't surprise me.

Thanks Again, DL

DSL COMM.
_
7. January 2013 @ 22:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1) you have to have the GC modded in order for it to read backups(which can be a pain since the gamecube is picky with what disc it will read)

2) ebay/amazon have them( cost $$$$)

3) I just emulators to run the GBA/GB rom on my GC. GnuboyGX

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. January 2013 @ 22:46

dwaynel
_
7. January 2013 @ 23:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats kinda wierd, Because there have been some posts regarding copying the file and burning it to disc, But they had to have certain brand burner and certain brand od blank disc, And then they had to adjust the laser pot a bit to get it to finally burn correctly, But after all is said and done it would boot like an original disk on Un-modded Gamecube. That is after all the holy grail, To be able to duplicate the original disk so it would boot on an original console.
DL

DSL COMM.
_
7. January 2013 @ 23:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats kinda wierd, Because there have been some posts regarding copying the file and burning it to disc, But they had to have certain brand burner and certain brand od blank disc, And then they had to adjust the laser pot a bit to get it to finally burn correctly, But after all is said and done it would boot like an original disk on Un-modded Gamecube. That is after all the holy grail, To be able to duplicate the original disk so it would boot on an original console.
DL
you wont be able to. burnable discs have data pre-recorded to them to tell the drive that it is burnable( what type of disc it is, ect..). This puts the burned data out of sync with the original official disc. The original data starts from the inside the disc to the outside and contains certain boot files. The copy has the boot files in a different location in return causing the disc not to boot. This is why the console has to be modded in order to boot the disc. The mod reprograms the console to check a different part of the disc until it finds the boot files. This is why most game consoles need some sort of mod in order to read burned discs.

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
dwaynel
_
7. January 2013 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK, That makes a lot of sense. Now the big question is how much of a mod is necessary and will it affect the playability of any of the original games, And where can I get the detailed info on the required mod for this purpose only. I have to assume that there a number of different mods that give it different abilities. The only mod I would be interested in is the one to allow a copied disk, Or how to put it on a mem card. If my research is correct,the mod can be done to allow it to boot to either way, Am I correct?
DL

DSL COMM.
Vato
_
8. January 2013 @ 00:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Stop being a cheap skate and just buy the dam thing from ebay LOL
here is a link for many of them going cheaply.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Gam...cat=0&_from=R40

Also I don't even know why you would want to waste your time trying to burn it and see if it works when you can easily pick one up.
dwaynel
_
8. January 2013 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was trying to do it the right way and buy them from Nintendo directly, However they are out of them and are no longer making them. I restore systems and have about a dozen players, And I have people that want the player but I don't neen anymore of the Hardware, I only need the software and I'm not about to pay 40 bucke for a disc alone. I would really like to find the real thing.
DL

DSL COMM.
Vato
_
8. January 2013 @ 00:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was trying to do it the right way and buy them from Nintendo directly, However they are out of them and are no longer making them. I restore systems and have about a dozen players, And I have people that want the player but I don't neen anymore of the Hardware, I only need the software and I'm not about to pay 40 bucke for a disc alone. I would really like to find the real thing.
DL
Well too bad.
You won't get one thing without the other.
I would not spend all that time, effort and money trying to get something (that you not even sure would work) for just a few dollars (which I am sure people will not want to pay much for).
It will be hard to impossible to find just the disk for sale and it's rare these days that people will even have it or want to part with it.
Try looking at garage sales or places like craigslist. You might get lucky.Or go to you local PAWN shop or game shop and look there.
I had one of these longgggggggg time ago and sold it for 30 dollars, bought it for 39 :)
dwaynel
_
8. January 2013 @ 00:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, I know what you mean. There has been a real surge in the vintage console's. I can hardly keep up with the demand on the original Sega genesis systems with the CD. And I have found sources for the hard to get 32X patch cables and stuff like that. I just can't believe that Nintendo has the disc's listed for sale on their official site for $15.00 and up till about 6 months ago they had them. But now they are out and it's an item that has no source for aftermarket pieces. But if I wait long enough the chineese will probobly have them sooner or later. Who knows?!
Thanks everyone, DL

DSL COMM.
_
9. January 2013 @ 22:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/GCNW...__EF000589.aspx
this is what you can use for soft modding the GC. It will allow you to play originals, imports, and backups. download gcos (http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1930) and launch it using sd media launcher. then just run the burned disc using gcos

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/199216

Advertisement
_
__

_
dwaynel
_
10. January 2013 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank You, I will give it a try right away.

Thanks, DL

DSL COMM.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > gameboy player disc's needed

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork