User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > getting the most out of your wii - can it stream sports online?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Getting the most out of your wii - can it stream sports online?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lmac222
_
2. June 2013 @ 17:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I watch a lot of sports online. NFL Redzone, college bball, ufc ppvs via firstrow, or cbssports, or various sites.

Those sites use Flash player I take it on the computer. While the wii can access those sites, once i hit the links to start it up....it tells me flash player is needed and cant be used with the wii.

Is there a workaround that?
Advertisement
_
__
megadunderhead
_
3. June 2013 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by lmac222:
So I watch a lot of sports online. NFL Redzone, college bball, ufc ppvs via firstrow, or cbssports, or various sites.

Those sites use Flash player I take it on the computer. While the wii can access those sites, once i hit the links to start it up....it tells me flash player is needed and cant be used with the wii.

Is there a workaround that?
Nope because the version of web browser that is on the wii is a stripped down version of the powerpc version of safari and because adobe doesn't support powerpc sorry you can't

however the wii u can
_
6. July 2013 @ 16:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Nope because the version of web browser that is on the wii is a stripped down version of the powerpc version of safari and because adobe doesn't support powerpc sorry you can't

however the wii u can
Nintendo wii uses opera web browser, not safari
megadunderhead
_
16. July 2013 @ 00:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by vwilder:

however the wii u can
if it uses opera then please explain when they dumped the wii browser it contained a safariext.plist file then ???
ddp
_
16. July 2013 @ 01:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
megadunderhead, read this.
The Internet Channel features a Web browser made by Opera Software, which allows users to surf the World Wide Web. This browser can be used to access web sites, perform web searches, etc. Wii owners who are connected and have activated the Wii Shop Channel can download the Opera browser to activate the Internet Channel of the Wii Menu and begin surfing the Web. A broadband Internet connection is required. The Internet Channel costs 0 Wii Points to download, and is available in the Wii Shop Channel, in the Wii Channels section.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system...p?menu=internet
Advertisement
_
__

_
tongs007
_
16. July 2013 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by megadunderhead:
Originally posted by vwilder:

however the wii u can
if it uses opera then please explain when they dumped the wii browser it contained a safariext.plist file then ???
its has been opera for as long as I can rememer
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > getting the most out of your wii - can it stream sports online?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork