User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 22:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > unhack wii...know nothing, ex hacked wii
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Unhack wii...know nothing, ex hacked wii
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Cbboston
_
15. March 2013 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, my ex-brother-in-law hacked our wii. Something to do with home brew, but I have no clue what I am talking about. My kids are getting into the wii now, we bought some new games and they won't work, I get an error message that I was able to figure out is a result of no updates bc its hacked. Any advice for someone who know NOTHING about this and would like to restore the wii tithe way it used to be??? Many thanks!
Advertisement
_
__
rulisky
_
15. March 2013 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

13 product reviews
_
15. March 2013 @ 19:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rulisky:
First response to a Google: http://www.ehow.com/how_7716771_make-ha...y-settings.html

That could do more harm than good in some cases.

To the OP, any idea what sort of hacks he used? What does your Homebrew Channel have on it?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. March 2013 @ 19:32

_
16. March 2013 @ 04:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Two ways

1 - you must have priiloader installed and this is stopping the wii from updating, you need to remove the hacks on priiloader and then when you insert a disc (new game ) it will ask you to update, then all the homebrew channel and softmod will be gone. Press the power button on the wii and then STRIGHT away press and hold the reset button. Priiloader should come up (usually a white screen with options) go to the hacks screen using the up and down buttons on the wii remote, find the update hacks (usually 2 one for online updates and one for disc updates) and allow the wii to be upodated. Save the hacks and load the wii menu (or power cycle the wii) Insert the new game disc and it should update and remove the softmod.

2 - retain the softmod but update all ios's so the wii can play new games. You will need a pc, 1 or 2gb sd card and an internet connection. Download modmii and use the wizzard to update the wii (it will generate a guide as part of the process)
megadunderhead
_
19. March 2013 @ 08:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That still won't do you any good!!!

Let me explain!!!!

Cios still remains in memory if you try to updated a modded wii without knowing what mod the modder used you could do more damage then good and nintendo wont help you at all on this they will just bust you for installing it at a 200.00 fine so dont call them i recommend one thing but you are taking a huge risk let me explain.

turn on the wii and hold the reset button if you are successful you should see a white screen if he installed priloader the white menu will appear if not then prilloader is not installed in which you may do part 2.

Part 2 reset the wii to factory because the wii doesn't have the priloader installed you can update the wii without fail and without issue by simply just going to the system settings the icon on the main screen in the lower left corner select it and select the wii settings option no go to the last menu and select format wii system memory Warning though the risk in this is simple...

1. if the format is a success then you can update your wii via the system update option on the wii settings page for internet. the block only blocks game disks from updating the console not the internet.

2. if it fails!!! you have a wii brick
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
8. April 2013 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rather than give bad info I will teach you!
If you want to know

Cios - this is just code put into slots (above position 200 as ninty has never used these)each slot can have code in
ios - a nintendo operating system, each disc game runs on 1, ios 56 and 57 are the recent ones - as a side issue never - ever - delete any ios / slot less than 200

cios - a nintendo ios, patched with code (hermes, waninkoko or d2x) and installed in a new slot (200+)

Nintendo updates used to stub the slots that cios's are installed into - so removing the ability to run a HDD or burnt game, originally they could also remove the homebrew channel, now the homebrew channel remains and runs on a standard nintendo ios (58) rehacking would be easy.

Nintendo can tell you hacked you wii?
Although much debated general feelings were yes they can (deadlyfoez - he is the wii guru), however factory reset still does not help - they can still tell
Do they charge you $200, do they b"ll"x, they return it un repaired (charging you for the return postage of course)

A BRICK
this will not happen unless
1) power is lost halfway through an update
or
Most importantly
2) Your wii has been region changed
This happened in the early days of the Wii, nintendo had limited supplies in certain regions, crappy dealers (or desperate gamers) imported Korean units, region changed them and so they appeared to be US or PAL versions. Update a Korean unit using Nintendo's auto update and it will try to update to what it thinks it is i.e. US spec but has extra ios's (Korean) - Brick

So unless the wii was region changed - that I did omit

My answer is sound, yours has errors and misleading information.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > unhack wii...know nothing, ex hacked wii

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork