User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > weird issue with usbloader gx
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Weird issue with usbloader GX
  Jump to:

Posted Message
sehs33
_
7. February 2014 @ 07:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
(apologies in advance for the very long thread)

Hi,

I soft modded my wii ~2 years ago and everything was great (usbLoader GX was appearing as a channel in the wii menu, games running from an external 3.5 powered hard drive I already had), then suddenly games started freezing while in the middle of a playing session.

I suspected the issue might be a hardware malfunction and had two suspects: the Wii itself and the hard drive since it is old. I started with the hard drive and tried connecting it to my PC, laptop, HTPC but no use, it was ~dead.

I bought a nice new 2.5 white portable hard drive matching my Wii + a 32 GB SDHC card. Removed the old HDD from its enclosure, connected it as an internal hard drive on my PC and all my games were there (looks like the issue might have been in the enclosure?) anyways, I connected my new 2.5 HDD, and copy pasted everything from the old drive to the new drive. After that I backed up my old SD card and copied its content to the nice new SD card.

Following that I used Wii Backup manager and added few additional games to the hard drive, unplugged all from my PC, plugged it to my Wii, and here is what happened:
- I tried running usbloader GX from the icon on the Wii Menu yet it kept flashing a black screen, another black screen with empty channels slots and then jumped back to the wii menu.

So I ran it from HBC and it worked :) that wasn't an issue for me, went and tried one of the newly added games and all worked as it should. I thought all was resolved until I tried to run one of the old games I had on my drive but nope, they dont work anymore :( I tried several games but with no use... I wanted to continue where I stopped but am unable to...

I tried the following things yet all the above symptoms remained:
- Installing a newer version of the usbloader GX
- Removing the old games and re-adding them using WiiBackup Manager

but with no use. I though this looks like a corrupted/incompatible caching issue, so started looking for files that might need to be deleted, but all what I found was useless (covers and stuff like that)...

And this is how I landed here and why I need your help please :)
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > weird issue with usbloader gx

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork