User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > what kind of chip do i have?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What kind of chip do i have?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
TissQuincy
_
4. December 2013 @ 10:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys!

My lil sis wanted to play mario party 9 which contained a update. She did the update because she couldnt play if she didnt. (not that she could when she did the update..). The error that I am getting is error 001 or something. Some games do still work but with some it says cant read the disk. I searched around on the internet and maybe its the chip I need to update. So I opened up my wii and saw the chip. I dont know what kind of chip it is but I bought the wii in 2007/8 from someone and it was already hardmodded. I hope that someone can help me. I am thinking of wiikey 1?

[img]img209.imageshack.us/img209/1237/qelp.png[/img]

Edit: figured it out :). Wiikey 1. Still getting error 001 after updating the chip..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. December 2013 @ 15:05

Advertisement
_
__
TissQuincy
_
4. December 2013 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
figured it out :). Wiikey 1. Still getting error 001 after updating the chip..
hearme0
_
4. December 2013 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TissQuincy:
figured it out :). Wiikey 1. Still getting error 001 after updating the chip..
And you ALWAYS will get an error. Wii units strictly forbid hardmodding. Penalties aren't worth it if you like your toy.
_
5. December 2013 @ 02:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Softmodding is the way to go, however in some instances you do have to remove the chip.

However as it is not working, google modmii, you will need an SD card, pc and internet connection. Run the program on your pc, Answer the questions follow the guide it generates.

To run games from disc you will need neogamma
to run games from a hard drive, try GX loader, CFG loader or wiiflow

Give it a go and see how you get on.

Depending on your current firmware you may need a 1 or 2 gb sd as a 4+ will not work

For All Flashcart Firmware Updates http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
Sakura for the M3Real - Amazing Firmware
http://handheldsources.net

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. December 2013 @ 02:42

megadunderhead
_
13. December 2013 @ 05:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry to say the wiikey is dead!!!

The reason is if you didn't run the wiikey update before you installed the system update the wiikey is now a paperweight sorry.

Happened to a huge amount of wiikey owners.
TissQuincy
_
13. December 2013 @ 06:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for all your replies!! Maybe I will soft mod my wii.

My wiikey is not dead. I can only play PAL games with UG or something. Figured that out. I think that he is dying but certainly not dead.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
14. December 2013 @ 03:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No the Wiikey is not dead or dying, you updated, on later updates from Nintendo they removed the option to play out of region games (think it was 4.2)

Softmodding allows you to play out of region games again.

For All Flashcart Firmware Updates http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
Sakura for the M3Real - Amazing Firmware
http://handheldsources.net
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > what kind of chip do i have?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork