User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > wii 4.3u + wii key (system does not read disc)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Wii 4.3u + wii key (system does not read disc)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
captain_tam
_
14. December 2013 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a wii with wii key and upgraded to 4.3u about 3 years ago and the system does not read any disc after the upgrade. There was no method to fix it 3 years ago. I am wondering if there is any way to fix it now. Thanks.
Advertisement
_
__
xbox09
_
14. December 2013 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
are these orginal wii discs or are these copy's??? newer wiis can no longer read/play
burnt discs. if you upgraded to 4.3u the update erased your modification. you will have to
mod your system again.
captain_tam
_
14. December 2013 @ 15:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xbox09:
are these orginal wii discs or are these copy's??? newer wiis can no longer read/play
burnt discs. if you upgraded to 4.3u the update erased your modification. you will have to
mod your system again.
Both original and copy do not work. I believed the 4.3u blocked my wii key and disabled the disc reader. That the main purpose of this update to disable mod machine. One possible way that I can think to fix it is to remove the wii key hardware and than softmod it. I don't know if that is possible and don't know how to do it. Any help will be a great. thanks
captain_tam
_
14. December 2013 @ 15:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by captain_tam:
Originally posted by xbox09:
mod your system again.
Both original and copy do not work. I believed the 4.3u blocked my wii key and disabled the disc reader. That the main purpose of this update to disable mod machine. One possible way that I can think to fix it is to remove the wii key hardware and than softmod it. I don't know if that is possible and don't know how to do it. Any help will be a great. thanks
Also, when I go to wii option and wii setting, the screen went blank. The system can not display my system information any more.
megadunderhead
_
14. December 2013 @ 16:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sounds like your system is corrupted !!!!

i would recommend using modmii search google jailbreak your console this way then run the latest update from wii key you need to downgrade back to 3.5
captain_tam
_
14. December 2013 @ 16:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by megadunderhead:

i would recommend using modmii search google jailbreak your console this way then run the latest update from wii key you need to downgrade back to 3.5
I can not access to the wii setup and I don't have internet access from the wii. Not able to modmii. Please help.
xbox09
_
14. December 2013 @ 19:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by captain_tam:

I can not access to the wii setup and I don't have internet access from the wii. Not able to modmii. Please help.
sounds like your wii is toast.
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. December 2013 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Modmii by Xflak > http://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-w...t-topic.207126/

You connect with your pc to internet, not the wii

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
captain_tam
_
15. December 2013 @ 10:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought that I need internet to do update. I also loss my homebrew icon. I think my wii is semi brick. I don't have mii installed or any other backup. Is this means no other way to repair it?

I also have an other wii with wii key mod with the original firmware. I want to softmod this wii. There are many websites with many information. What do you recommend to softmod this wii? Again, this wii comes with a hardware wii key. This is will be a problem? Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. December 2013 @ 10:28

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. December 2013 @ 23:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can do the softmod as well with modmii

It has a wizard etc.

Just read through it all first and ask for help in that thread if you need it.

You don't need to have the wii connected to the internet. Modmii will get you everything you need right from your computer.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
megadunderhead
_
16. December 2013 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
see what happens in a nut shell is you have to update the wii key first before installing a system update or you kill a wii
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. December 2013 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Very True.. Update your wiikey first.

captain_tam
_
16. December 2013 @ 04:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
see what happens in a nut shell is you have to update the wii key first before installing a system update or you kill a wii
Is it true that this wii is not repairable? thanks
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. December 2013 @ 01:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Repairable how. Hardware wise, or software?

I bought mine in 2008 and had wiikey2 installed right away. So not sure where you here a Wii is not repairable.

I then installed the softmod within a year I believe.

captain_tam
_
25. December 2013 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried to softhack my other wii (ver 3.1u). I followed the instruction from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pP5uHfGNjo

I was not able to download the Wilbrand Launcher 6.0 from the provided link. But I was managed to download ver 6 & 8 from other site. But after I typed in all information in Wilbrand Launcher, it does not create a private folder in my SD card. Beside getting a normal error "No Response from bootmii.org...", I also get a "The remote serve returned an error: (460) restricted. Error downloading 'wibrand.exe' from 'dl.dropbox.com'.....". The private folder was not created in my sd card. But I copy all the files from folder hackmii_installer_v1.2 to my sd card. Try to find the green letter in my wii message and I can not find the green letter.

Please help.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. December 2013 @ 13:17

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. December 2013 @ 17:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't done a softmod in years. I wouldn't follow the youtube video though.

Just use ModMii wizard. It will do everything you need.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > wii 4.3u + wii key (system does not read disc)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork