User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > wii freeze!?!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Wii Freeze!?!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
29. January 2014 @ 17:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I've been out of the wii scene for awhile. I have a softmodded 4.1 Wii, and running USB Loader GX to access my games on 1TB HD. Lately some games have been freezing mid game, won't boot at all, or will go to a black screen mid game. I've noticed this on both Mario Kart Wii, and Donkey Kong as well as few others, but these are the ones I'm worried about. Any idea what would cause this? I've tried just about everything I can think of. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
megadunderhead
_
31. January 2014 @ 03:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wiisel247:
Hey, I've been out of the wii scene for awhile. I have a softmodded 4.1 Wii, and running USB Loader GX to access my games on 1TB HD. Lately some games have been freezing mid game, won't boot at all, or will go to a black screen mid game. I've noticed this on both Mario Kart Wii, and Donkey Kong as well as few others, but these are the ones I'm worried about. Any idea what would cause this? I've tried just about everything I can think of. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Actually can i ask a question??

How long have you had your external hard drive in use???

the reason i ask is all though you can install games onto a external after a while you do get read and write errors and freezes usually caused by the hard drive wearing out or even just as simple as the hard drive going into sleep mode i would do some research first look into modmii to get your console remodded with version 4.2 firmware this will help with most game errors and try again if the game still freezes then its most likely the game is corrupted or the file is damaged for some weird reason and not your fault at all!!!
_
31. January 2014 @ 11:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had the HD for a few years now. I've only noticed it freezing or black screen on these specific games. I figure it's IOS related. I've installed a lot of stuff over the years so I'm sure it's my doing. The HD is also partitioned. 500gb Wii games and 500gb movies. I've never used ModMii, but have used PimpMyWii which assures me everything is up to date. Would I have any luck using an old ios249? What can I do to uninstall some of the crap (cioscorp, and the like)? Would this help? I considered formatting but after doing some research found that would only make things worse. Is there a big difference between 4.1 to 4.2 or 4.3?
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > wii freeze!?!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork