User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 13:56
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > wii storage memory issue
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Wii storage memory issue
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Akagoodguy
_
9. May 2014 @ 12:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm having kind of a unique problem. I've looked everywhere online, and have tried everything anyone has suggested to the best of my ability to no avail. Here's the skinny.

I haven't used my wii in a while until project M 3.0 was released and I decided I'd like to try it out. I believe I managed to get that working all right, and played maybe 2 times. After another little while of not playing (like a week or 2) I turned on the wii to find that it now has 0 blocks available and that I need to start deleting stuff to get more blocks. As I delete, I get no more blocks and decided it must be an internal storage issue and that maybe the internal memory was fried. upon viewing forums, a similar issue was had, and was solved by removing the SSBB save data. from what I recall this was one of the save files I was trying to hold onto. I tried to delete not only that file, but literally everything else I can. when I try to go into the channel storage area on the wii to delete channels, the wii basically freezes. I can still move the cursor, but nothing is clickable. I can also bring up the 'home' menu and return to the home screen, but I can't get rid of what ever channels I have left. I also try to format, but the system just loops the formatting screen but doesn't actually get anything done. I have read that a good way to clear bad files was by using hack mii and mini, and deleting wads and all this nonsense, but I can't get the homebrew channel installed because the wii doesn't let me do anything but delete shit and modify settings. I was hoping maybe it would let me do letter bomb, but I can't access the messages, and then I was hoping that maybe if I formatted a usb drive to the WBFS type and had it in the wii when it booted that maybe I'd have just a few blocks available somehow to access letterbomb, but again, to no avail. I'd really like some help with this if at all possible. And if the wii is doomed and I'm just wasting my time, I'd love to know that as well.
I have a triwing screwdriver on it's way to me via amazon and I'll see what I can do internally when that arrives.

Thank you for your time.
markcooper
_
29. May 2014 @ 21:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
read your question very carefully, but sorry to say I can't provide help. If you have any questions about the Nintendo DS, 3DS, mabye I can help. Hope your problem can be solve very soon.

carter43ds.fr
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > nintendo wii - general discussion > wii storage memory issue

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork