User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 21:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > post your disc quality scans here 2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Post your DISC quality scans here 2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. October 2012 @ 16:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Heck I haven't burned a br disc since you and I talked about them month's ago.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2012 @ 17:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello Rob!

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. October 2012 @ 17:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD is the past :p Hello guys! :) Fact is, I have multiple BR scans I've been meaning to post. Needless to say, LTH discs are something I won't be trusting for a while. Possibly never. I'm concerned about longevity.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. October 2012 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Ripper how's it going long time no chat.
So I should stay clear of the LTH media when I get the chance to get back into the BR world.lol I got this nice BR burner and only have about 8 burns on it. Lmao
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. October 2012 @ 00:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I slapped a 3yr warranty on mine :p One of them anyhow. Seems a lot more solid than the last two I bought. Thankfully!

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2012 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Has been a while. Not bad here thanks, how've you been?

I haven't burned a DVD in a while, think I'm still sad on some YUDEN003s or whatever they are from way back when.

AfterDawn Addict
_
12. October 2012 @ 01:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rob,

Hey there. It's good I dropped by, glad to see you again! I'm still here, getting ready to start another build on Sunday. #519, to be exact.

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 01:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
im back...lol miss me? doubt it.. just ordered some verbs from best buy. first ones ive bought in a long time. tired of the cmag junk. but i ordered these. got the MIT verbs the real MIT verbs MCC004 stuff , not sure if i should use them or save them..lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [004]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
Miss you?? Nope.... :p

You should have called me back the other day... I think someone could have sent you some discs.. :D
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Originally posted by cincyrob:
im back...lol miss me? doubt it.. just ordered some verbs from best buy. first ones ive bought in a long time. tired of the cmag junk. but i ordered these. got the MIT verbs the real MIT verbs MCC004 stuff , not sure if i should use them or save them..lol

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [004]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
Miss you?? Nope.... :p

You should have called me back the other day... I think someone could have sent you some discs.. :D
I thought this thread was dead. Hello to the ole timers-Ripper especially since he made Addict the day before me. Also good tidings to the rest of you.

I haven't made too many burns lately because the movies have been awful. I haven't bought any lately either. I had too many. Mainly using Taiyos +RTO-2s and 3s. no problems. Still no BR ones. Recently I copied the second disc I ever burned without a hiccup.-a mag at that Greensman. I did think I was in need of help for Cabin in The Woods but managed somehow-still asking myself why after I watched it.

The other big thing in my life is that I have finally retired. All the days are the same now with nothing I have to do anymore. I'm in Heaven. 45 years cutting on teeth. Long time.
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 14:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I obviously posted far too often then eh G!

That sounds good to me, enjoy your retirement. I'm going to have to get a proper job in a few years - ah, the student life!

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 18:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ripper, I remember when- enjoy immensely- I did! The job thingy comes all too fast and lasts almost forever. Is Janrocks still alive? Anyone?
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Haha, yes I'm sure. I will, thanks.

Janrocks is just about still here; posts under 'ps355528' now if you want to get in touch!

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 21:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
..... Recently I copied the second disc I ever burned without a hiccup.-a mag at that Greensman. I did think I was in need of help for Cabin in The Woods but managed somehow-still asking myself why after I watched it.

The other big thing in my life is that I have finally retired. All the days are the same now with nothing I have to do anymore. I'm in Heaven. 45 years cutting on teeth. Long time.
CMC MAG.. nice.. :p

CONGRATS on the retirement. :) Just be sure to do something buddy... or you'll waste away. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
20. August 2013 @ 01:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's a scan of a DVD+R DL. Verbatim 2.4X MIS if I'm not mistaken. Burned it at 4X via NEC Optiarc 7200S. One of my favorite drives :D

A player locked up while playing it. And yet, it's one of the best scans I've seen of this disc type! I'm guessing the player had an issue. Because the scanning drive, was able to play through the supposed area, where there was a problem. Ah well, have to reburn it anyway, because something else was screwed up LOL!
I'm used to these looking a bit rough on one of the layers :S

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. August 2013 @ 01:32

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. December 2013 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i havent been in the DVD burning game for some time now with changing work scedules and life going on around me. its kinda hard to find some good media now days. well what im used to anyways. cant find any good TY's or MCC004 verbs. just alot of MCMMAG stuff....
heck its been years since ive bought a new burner..well other than my blu ray burner that ive only burnt 12 disc on..lol
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
30. December 2013 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Still running my same burners. Die hards. Though BD burner #1 can't be trusted to burn, it still reads 99% of them without stutter. My optiarcs are still going :S I'm thinking they don't know how to die.

Supermediastore carries my media. JVC/TY are still excellent media for dvds. And I use "That's"(TY) found on ebay. I've heard panasonic makes good BD media too.

Hope you have a happy new year Rob ;)

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. December 2013 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
looked at supermediastore..wow they are expensive..at least i think.
i did find these at meritline

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x...---p-18444.aspx

got a few gift cards i mught have to buy some media..lol
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
30. December 2013 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've gone through meritline. Not for media however. I generally stick to newegg, and SMS.
Some of their media is expensive. I usually wait for a sale, or coupon code ;)

_
30. December 2013 @ 23:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello all, long time no talky!

I don't do much burning anymore myself, only for those dvd isos that won't play oorrectly by my media players out of my network storage.

I always preview movies in dvd format to see if I really like it before commiting to bluray, then I buy. Otherwise (normally) it is rip - view - delete.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
30. December 2013 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mmm, I'm more of a HDD storage/backup kind of guy myself. The only DVD's I've burned lately, were picture discs for family.

Blu-rays take up quite a bit of space. Especially 3DBD's. Though that may be remedied soon. But even 15TB, only goes so far :S

_
31. December 2013 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Best storage for bluray is on pressed bluray discs, hands-down.

I only have 6TB permanent storage but with an additional 9TB addable/swapable.

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
15. March 2014 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burned this with my wonderful 7200S @8X. I expected it to be a bit worse. Though I suppose the jitter is high. This iHES drive is not the best for reading though. But, it was convenient :p Verbatim Life series.

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > post your disc quality scans here 2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork