User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 14:45
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd / bd-rebuilder forum > error collecting header extension [00:28:23] 00068 00005
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Error collecting header extension [00:28:23] 00068 00005
  Jump to:

Posted Message
hacman99
_
22. January 2010 @ 05:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried replying to the post at

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/519899

about the error message "DVD Rebuilder experienced an error collecting header extension [00:28:23] 00068 00005", but was unable to do so as I joined this forum specifically to post the (or at least my) solution to this problem, and users with the status of "newbie", such as me, cannot reply to posts that are more than six months old. So I am creating this new thread. Maybe a moderator can add it to the original thread.

vtowner, the original poster, created his/her DVD file from an AVI. I created mine from my original PAL region 2 DVD of Rosemary's Baby, because I wanted to watch just a copy so that I didn't scratch the original, and ran into the same problem with the same error message. This was a few years ago, and I didn't remember how I had solved the problem until I ran into it again just recently.

I am currently doing iPod versions of all of my movies and wanted the highest quality, so have been ripping from my originals rather than from my working copies, and when I got to Rosemary's Baby I ran into the same problem again. I tried ripping with DVDFab Decrypter and also with a combination AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter, but all output ended up with the same error.

I also tried the suggestion made by ebega as a reply to the original posting, which was to run it through FixVTS, but that made no difference in my case.

The problem in the case of Rosemary's Baby is that there is a section of junk right at the beginning of the film that needs to be stripped out before DVD Rebuilder will recognise it, and the solution is as follows:

* Import the film into DVD Remake Pro and you will see a green screen in the preview window.
* Press once on the right arrow on the timeline slider to go onto the next frame, which is a second of black before the Paramount logo comes up, then right click in the preview window and select "Cut to here".
* Export the film

That output file read perfectly in DVD Rebuilder and I now have an iPod copy of Rosemary's Baby, so if FixVTS doesn't work, then DVDRemake Pro could be your answer.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. January 2010 @ 05:33

_
23. January 2010 @ 07:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We can't move/merge posts into other threads so i've replied to the other one such that you'll now be able to reply to it. I'll close this one now.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd / bd-rebuilder forum > error collecting header extension [00:28:23] 00068 00005

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork