Show topics

Forums
Forums
Duplicate Subs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bRadO808
_
21. April 2014 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Trying to combine sub/srt files with video into one MKV file.
Remuxed into single MKV with just 3 subtitle tracks, but when I try to play the file, VLC shows 6 tracks in all -- one set of 3 in the order and with the names and languages I set in mkvmerge when I remuxed, and then a duplicate set of the same 3 subs in an unlabeled, random order. But there are really only 3 subtitle tracks. I've never had this problem before. Help please!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2014 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you open the video in MkvMerge does it list three or six subtitles.
bRadO808
_
22. April 2014 @ 06:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
If you open the video in MkvMerge does it list three or six subtitles.
Sorry I had a screen shot of that but it wouldn't let me post it because I'm a new member.

When I load it in mkvmerge or check it out in mkvinfo, there are only 3 subtitle tracks, not 6. Only VLC (I don't have any other media players that will play the file to check otherwise) is seeing 6.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2014 @ 08:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are the original subs in the same folder as the new video - could VLC be picking them up there, you know it picks up subtitles automatically if it sees the same name as the video?
bRadO808
_
23. April 2014 @ 10:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Are the original subs in the same folder as the new video - could VLC be picking them up there, you know it picks up subtitles automatically if it sees the same name as the video?
That was it! Moved the subs and they disappeared. Thanks!

But the weird thing is, the new video had a different name that was totally different from the old file and the old subs. So VLC was just picking up random subs in the same folder that weren't even necessarily for the same movie.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. April 2014 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like drinking problem ;-)
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > duplicate subs

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork