User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 04:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > how do i remvove subtuitles from a file?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How do I remvove subtuitles from a file?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
janlafata
_
26. February 2010 @ 12:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What program can I use to remove subtitles from an AVI? I have AVIdemux, AVIrecomp and VirtualDub.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
26. February 2010 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the subtitles are embedded(you cannot turn them on/off), you cannot remove them;if the subs are on a black border, you could crop the border...

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
weecasper
_
13. April 2010 @ 09:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by janlafata:
What program can I use to remove subtitles from an AVI? I have AVIdemux, AVIrecomp and VirtualDub.
i use autogk that takes the subtitles out of any avi
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
13. April 2010 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by weecasper:
"Out of Any AVI", I doubt.

stibi
_
25. April 2011 @ 16:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cyprusrom:
Hi cyprusrom,

I have a German avi movie. When I play it, right on the begining there is some German tex explaining the historical background of the events shown in that movie; and right under that German text there is an English translation of it. It looks like the said English translation was "embedded" by somebody into the movie. In the AutoGK program I see an option to add subtitles, but no option for remooving subtitles.

Thanks in advance for any help
stibi
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
25. April 2011 @ 21:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stibi:
Hi cyprusrom,

I have a German avi movie. When I play it, right on the begining there is some German tex explaining the historical background of the events shown in that movie; and right under that German text there is an English translation of it. It looks like the said English translation was "embedded" by somebody into the movie. In the AutoGK program I see an option to add subtitles, but no option for remooving subtitles.

stibi
there is no way to remove "embedded" subtitles with AutoGK...unless you're talking about cropping...The embedded subtitles canot be "removed" per se...you can crop the video, "cut the subtitles out", or you can mask them, cover them up. A program better suited for this would be VirtualDub probably, using some filter...

Advertisement
_
__

_
stibi
_
26. April 2011 @ 02:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stibi:
Hi cyprusrom,

stibi
there is no way to remove "embedded" subtitles with AutoGK...unless you're talking about cropping...The embedded subtitles canot be "removed" per se...you can crop the video, "cut the subtitles out", or you can mask them, cover them up. A program better suited for this would be VirtualDub probably, using some filter...
Hi cyprusrom and thanks. I will try cropping as sugested by you
stibi
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > how do i remvove subtuitles from a file?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork