User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 11:20
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > problems hardcoding ass subtitles
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problems hardcoding ASS subtitles
  Jump to:

Posted Message
turtleact
_
13. January 2014 @ 01:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello!

I am trying to hardcode subtitles for several video files. I was able to extract ASS subtitles from the origial MKV files. However, I can't use it because the timing in the ASS files don't take the opening theme into account. From what I could figure out, the ASS files seem to be using the chapter info on the MKV.

Is there a way to get these subs hardcoded without having to manually adjust the timing in the ASS files? I am using xvid4psp to do the hardcoding/conversion (target format is mp4).
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. January 2014 @ 08:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have a look at the link.
Subtitle Workshop should be able to open .ass subs.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-158...836814/#5045744

Run Subtitle Workshop

Load the Movie
Load the .ass file.
Highlight the first sub, scroll to the last sub, hold down 'Shift' and click to select all subs.
Start the movie and pause at the time you hear the dialog begin.
This is the time the subs should be starting - the time shown on the right of the window.
The timing list shown for the subs is different?
Click the double arrow key - the subs will resync to the new start time.

Play the movie and refine the time.
When satisfied, 'File' > 'Save as'

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > problems hardcoding ass subtitles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork