User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 04:57
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > subs out of sync in the middle only
Show topics

Forums
Forums
subs out of sync in the middle only
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
25. February 2014 @ 19:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have this problem occasionally. I use subtitle workshop to fix many subtitles but have never solved this issue. It usually occurs with only an older movie.

I can get the subtitle perfect when adjusting the time whether by frames or time to show the first subtitle exactly in sync and the last exactly in sync. Somewhere in-between the subtitles will be out of sync by one to several seconds or more off. It can be anywhere at 1/3 of the move to 2/3 of the movie where they stray off. Strange they can be perfect at the beginning or end. Even when using Gspot to identify the frame rate of the movie and changing accordingly I still can never fix this problem. I have tried downloading many subtitles of the same movie and still never been able to sync completely on some movies. Very annoying to say the least. Somehow there has to be spacing added or deleted between text to fix this, never figured it out.

Any help highly appreciated as I do not hear well and totally rely on subtitles, yet can lip sync enough to see when they are off which drives a person crazy.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 11:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In Subtitle Workshop, have you tried selecting only the range of subtitles that are out of sync.
Scrub/play the video to the point where the dialog starts, pause the video and highlight that particular sub.
Click the 1.

Scrub/play the video to the last dialog that's out of sync, pause the video and highlight that particular sub.
Click the 2.

OK the prompt and that range of subs will change times.

_
27. February 2014 @ 13:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
In Subtitle Workshop, have you tried selecting only the range of subtitles that are out of sync.
Scrub/play the video to the point where the dialog starts, pause the video and highlight that particular sub.
Click the 1.

Scrub/play the video to the last dialog that's out of sync, pause the video and highlight that particular sub.
Click the 2.

OK the prompt and that range of subs will change times.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > subs out of sync in the middle only

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork