User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > ipod discussion > how do you backup your ipod music?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
how do you backup your ipod music?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jayceww
_
25. May 2012 @ 03:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I wanna download some new music but my ipod?s running out of space. I really don?t wanna delete any single song, how can i backup them to my computer? They said I can copy the songs to anywhere on pc but that didn?t work at all, when ipod was pluged in there was no music(only some pictures) shown on the computer! I know there must be one solution, anyone know how ?

jayceww
Advertisement
_
__
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. August 2012 @ 21:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you did not get your tunes from itunes then...
There is a review under the top sticky in the audio forum. Near the bottom there is a review of 50 sync apps. I like sharepod. You can also just copy them out with windows explorer. They are in a hidden folder called control. If you search this forum you will find detailed instructions to backup your tunes. You ought to do that anyway. ipods do die. If you never back it up you are certain to lose everything some day.
tipperjames
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. September 2012 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1.Open the iPod control folder then open the music folder. Copy each one of those folders (should look similar to these: F00, F01 ...) onto your computer.
You can do this by creating a new folder on your desktop and dragging the files into the folder.
2.Open iTunes and insert the new folder you created on your computer's desktop into: library ---> Music
3.You can now sync your iPod to this new computer without losing all of your music.
More Review about iPod Music to Transfer:
How to transfer music/songs from iPod to PC
How to transfer and copy music from iPod to Mac

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. October 2012 @ 03:35

Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. September 2012 @ 19:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tipperjames:
1.Open the iPod control folder then open the music folder. Copy each one of those folders (should look similar to these: F00, F01 ...) onto your computer.
You can do this by creating a new folder on your desktop and dragging the files into the folder.
2.Open iTunes and insert the new folder you created on your computer's desktop into: library ---> Music
3.You can now sync your iPod to this new computer without losing all of your music.
It is far easier to copy the whole lot but then there are in all those little folders. That's why it makes sense to use a free utility that makes it all very easy.

Then use a utility or Media Monkey to put the file names back by using the tag info.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. September 2012 @ 10:07

_
14. September 2012 @ 21:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
www.getsharepod.com
Sharepod is great to back up the entire IPOD and is free of charge.
ddp
_
14. September 2012 @ 21:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum as not an "iphone-general discussion" issue.
wocdonm
Inactive
_
13. October 2012 @ 21:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
+1 for sharepod
hanoobal
_
25. October 2012 @ 13:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use copytrans but it works only if you are on a PC. If you have an ipod Touch, you can also try iTunes Match or Spotify to stream your music instead of storing it on your iPod.
_
28. February 2013 @ 03:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it?s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these files from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

Regards,
Berry Martin
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
28. February 2013 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just looked at the sharepod suggestion and went to the AD download page and it really looks easy to use and you will save all the hassles plus your music files.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio...ls/sharepod.cfm

Keep us posted on how you go??

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
_
19. June 2013 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It is very easy to transfer your ipod song to PC with third party software. Using third party apps will ensure your ipod music and other data stay safe.
qing2
_
25. July 2013 @ 03:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It?s easy to get those music back if you bought them on iTunes, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again. That means you don?t have to backup them to your PC/Mac.
But if those music on your ipod were ripped from CD or via other ways, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod. In that case you will need some other apps to do that.
More info:
How to transfer or backup music from iPod to PC
How to transfer or backup music from iPod to Mac

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. August 2013 @ 03:12

Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. July 2013 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by qing2:
It?s easy to get those music back if you bought them on iTunes, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again. That means you don?t have to backup them to your PC/Mac.
But if those music on your ipod were ripped from CD or via other ways, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod. In that case you will need some other apps to do that.
That is why you would use something like sharepod or just copy the files out manually. If you use the latter method you will need to rename the file names. The ipod scrambles the names.
_
29. July 2013 @ 10:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i like share pod if you have the same song same artist in different albums some times it over writes the 1st with the second, im an i-pod classic 160 gb user and mine is full mind.

link another one you could look at

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. July 2013 @ 10:56

KaoerGreen
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. August 2013 @ 02:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Some of the information below has subsequently appeared in a document by turingtest2: Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device -

Your i-device was not designed for unique storage of your media. It is not a backup device and media transfer was planned with you maintaining a master copy of your media on a computer which is itself properly backed up against loss. Syncing is one way, computer to device, updating the device content to the content on the computer, not updating or restoring content on a computer. The exception is iTunes Store purchased content, or you can vibosoft.com/ios/transfer-music-from-ipod-touch-nano-shuffle-computer.html

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer - only purchases from iTunes Store

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. August 2013 @ 01:59

wAmjok
_
2. August 2013 @ 03:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just plug your iPod to computer then sync the music to iTunes.

If you can't see the music files,maybe they have been hidden.

Go to search for them from hidden folder.

More problem please refer to this article of How to transfer iPod music to PC

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. August 2013 @ 04:32

_
2. August 2013 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wAmjok:

you can drag music movies to your pod from itunes but not the other way leave itunes closed as they clash (untick open itunes when pod connected in itunes) check this site out back pod up with link close sharepod and drag backed up files to C:/music/itunes/automatically add to itunes while sharepod closed and itunes open TADA you'll watch the music appear in itunes
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
2. August 2013 @ 17:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wAmjok:

to sync it would have to already be on itunes to sync to ipod

Related links
Visit our iPod forum room to discuss about Apple's portable players.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
End of an era: iPod discontinued - the device that revolutionized music industry 1 3. June 2022 News comments
Tim Cook: Apple Watch and wearables bigger than iPod ever was 1 17. January 2019 News comments
Apple revealed a new iPod, first update since 2012 6 20. July 2015 News comments
R.I.P. Apple iPod Classic 3 15. September 2014 News comments
Having issues moving music from ipod to laptop 14 15. May 2014 iPod discussion
ipod nano wont allow me to add music? 4 18. April 2014 iPod discussion
ipod 4g to tv issue 2 9. April 2014 iPod discussion
IPOD on JVC Boomblaster input? 1 26. January 2014 Receivers and amplifiers
Analyst: R.I.P iPod Classic 4 13. September 2013 News comments
ipod - various 10 9. September 2013 iPod discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > ipod discussion > how do you backup your ipod music?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork