User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > portable audio players > can you recomend a device for me?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can you recomend a device for me?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
pconyers
_
28. March 2011 @ 22:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I work as a cable installer and am looking for a unit that will play .mp3?s (preferably some sort of flash media) and AM/FM radio to enjoy while I am out in the field. It needs to have a 3.5 mm jack, an easy to see and use display (but not doing video or anything), somewhat small in size and durable and able to take a bump and be used out in the elements as I work in some pretty hectic conditions at times. Any recommendations for me?
Advertisement
_
__
_
29. March 2011 @ 03:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im thinking mobile phone.the reason im saying mobile is most mp3 players dont have radio.my nokia has radio,usb slot,micro sd card slot,can play acc or mp3 files.the only downside about using my mobile is it requires the nokia headphones (which come with it anyway or $4.99 on ebay).

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
pconyers
_
29. March 2011 @ 08:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My phone does all those things except for AM radio. With all the sporting events and sports radio I would listen to I really want that. Any item out there that has AM radio too?
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. April 2011 @ 19:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would look into a SanDisk Sansa Clip. They are small,inexpensive, decent player. They have a small screen will not play videos but that was not in your wish list. If you shop around you ought to be able to get an 8 g for about $50 on line. They just clip onto your cloths. My son has had a 2 g for a few yrs now. They are quite reliable.

A word of caution with the Sansas, use a syc app instead of drag and drop. If you continually use drag and drop you might have problems. You can't use play lists with D&D.
pconyers
_
29. April 2011 @ 22:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
I would look into a SanDisk Sansa Clip. They are small,inexpensive, decent player. They have a small screen will not play videos but that was not in your wish list. If you shop around you ought to be able to get an 8 g for about $50 on line. They just clip onto your cloths. My son has had a 2 g for a few yrs now. They are quite reliable.

A word of caution with the Sansas, use a syc app instead of drag and drop. If you continually use drag and drop you might have problems. You can't use play lists with D&D.

This looks like a cool little player but like all the ones I have seen it DOES NOT have an AM radio on it? Why do NONE of these little players have AM radio capabilities? Anything that DOES have AM and FM too?

Thanks!
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. May 2011 @ 00:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The you were looking at the wrong ones. The one I suggested has a radio so that is the one you should look at.

I will give you a link to make it easier for you to look at the right one. It olny has FM.

Mp3+radio
pconyers
_
1. May 2011 @ 00:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
The you were looking at the wrong ones. The one I suggested has a radio so that is the one you should look at.

I will give you a link to make it easier for you to look at the right one. It olny has FM.

Mp3+radio
Again, I can find ones that also do FM radio. I am asking if someone knows of one that ALSO does AM. I'd like to listen to baseball games and such while working.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. May 2011 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Due to you necessity of AM you need to stoop to a chipod. I doubt that you are going to find any AM radio cell phone. I say get a Fuse and an AM radio so you can avoid Chipods.

AM/FM Chipod
_
2. May 2011 @ 01:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the best way to get an am radio is go in 1 of the cheapo shops (theres heaps near where i live).should be able to pick up portable radio with earphones for about $2-$10.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. May 2011 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Chipods are getting more expensive and hopefully more relyable but I still would not trust them. The telling is if you can get an extended warantee for one. The problem with a Chipod is if it does break you have no recourse. In the bad days they died within a few uses. Maybe now they could be good for a year, who knows.

Refeferbished Sansa devices are almost the same price as Chipods and are as relyable as an ipod. They are a great investment. Chipods are a gamble. You might check to see if the manufacturer has an presence out side China. If not, you will have no recorse if it breaks even if it doesn't work out of the box. They used to make Chipods with rejected parts. They would sell the players at whole sale 100 for 100 USDs. The retailer would send you another for shipping and handling if you sent back the broken one. Since they made 5-10 bucks on S&H they would send you as many as you would ask for, till you got wise.
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > portable audio players > can you recomend a device for me?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork