User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 16:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > portable audio players > how to reinstall the firmware?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
how to reinstall the firmware?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
zack247
_
16. November 2010 @ 18:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi everybody, recently i got a new mp5 player from dealextreme.com. it was working fine until a couple days ago when it stopped turning all the way on and wasn't being recognized in windows. whenever i turn it on or hook it up to my pc, it freezes up on the loading screen before it can tell windows its connected. it also freezes up before it can turn all the way on, at the same screen. i think the firmware might have gotten fregmented or something, and when i install the adfuupdate.inf to reinstall the firmware, (mympx.org told me this) it says my player isn't in the list or something. can someone please help me fix it? the only way i can get windows to see it is to press the boot mode button and plug it in. then windows wants drivers and i have to use adfu drivers for it, but i think its too new. it was made in january of 2010, on the 27th.

the board is a standard TO28, the markings are as listed:
motherboard: TO28_V4 2010.1.27
Main cpu: SPMP3052
any other information can be found if you ask me for it, i just dont know what else to look for.

the functions of the player are as follows:
-2gb built-in Memory with mini SD card slot supporting up to 4gb cards
-1.3megapixel camera
-touch screen display
-built in radio
-3.0 inch display

i have the firmware to reinstall on this mp5, but i dont understand how to do it. especially when my player isn't in the database for the adfu usb 2.0 driver.
can someone help? i really want my player back!

here is a picture of the device to show you guys:

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > portable audio players > how to reinstall the firmware?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork