User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > portable audio players > question about sony minidisc recorders?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Question about SONY Minidisc recorders?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
1. November 2010 @ 01:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Has anyone created software or a work around that would allow you to transfer music you've recorder on your minidisc recorder and upload to your computer thru the USB link? Currently the Minidisc doesn't allow this and requires you to use the analog (head phone out to line in on computer).

I use my to record my daughters high school band utilizing a digital microphone and would like to be able to just upload the music instead of having to play it and capture it all over again.

Using Net MD Walkman MZ-N707

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor, G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory, ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. November 2010 @ 01:34

Advertisement
_
__
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. November 2010 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I doubt that there is enough demand. They would probably have to charge too much at least $100 vs free. There is nothing wrong with going to analog. I don't know why you don't like doing it. It not like you lose any quality or that it would be easier.
_
8. November 2010 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just would be easier to transfer the file direct instead of having to capture it again. Thanks for your reply.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. November 2010 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well then that is what you should do. Copy the file from the mini-disk to your computer. But then that will not work will it? It needs to be transformed. That is my point. You can't use the file as is, so you are going to have to process it anyway. No matter what you do it will be a two step process.

Right?
Advertisement
_
__

_
ps355528
_
12. November 2010 @ 08:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I use my to record my daughters high school band utilizing a digital microphone and would like to be able to just upload the music instead of having to play it and capture it all over again.
like quality is an issue???

Quote:
Despite the built-in firewall, one company does sell a system for direct computer access to ATRAC audio data. By modifying the firmware in Sony's original MDH-10 data drive, EDL in Britain has been able to create the Minidisc Transfer Editor, a PC package allowing direct computer based transfer of ATRAC from MD to PC, with ATRAC to .wav file conversion done on the PC. The system is intended for audio professionals (radio stations, etc), and carries a price tag (~US$5000) to match.
Treat the things as an analog audio source.. only option.. the hardware will not output digital signals in a usable format through the usb.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. November 2010 @ 08:52

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > portable audio players > question about sony minidisc recorders?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork