User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 12:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hd dvd discussion > 3d movies on my hd plasma tv
Show topics

Forums
Forums
3D Movies on my HD Plasma TV
  Jump to:

Posted Message
CWBYUP
_
3. January 2010 @ 11:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I recently went to a 3D movie with my kids and got to wondering if it is possible to obtain a 3D movie in DVD or Blu-Ray and watch it in 3D on my HD Plasma TV using the 3D glasses I got from the movie theatre?

If not, what equipment or software do I need to watch a 3D movie on my LCD computer screen?

Thank you for any imput.
CWBYUP
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anaglyphic (red/green) - YES (Ex. "Bob's Big Break" from the Monsters Vs. Aliens DVD/Blu-Ray or "Coraline"

Polarized (ex. IMAX 3D format) - NO.

I am not aware of any technology that will allow the polarized 3D effect on an LCD screen.

You can use LCD shutter glasses, but you'd need a movie that is encoded for that specific format (AFAIK know there are NONE) as well as the hardware to sync the movie to the glasses.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. January 2010 @ 18:42

CWBYUP
_
6. January 2010 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for the input. I'll wait until technology catches up with my wants. I've heard that some cable companies are going to start broadcasting in 3D in 2011.
CWBYUP
Advertisement
_
__

_
Travveh
_
7. January 2010 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Philips has come out with a 3D HDTV that doesn't need the silly glasses and whatnot. Given, it's a tad pricey ($25,000)
Philips 3D HDTV

Also, nVidia has a "3D Vision" kit out that does this kinda thing. Never tried it. Been tempted though. I just don't use my desktop enough these days to invest.
nVidia 3D Vision
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hd dvd discussion > 3d movies on my hd plasma tv

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork