User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hd dvd discussion > how do i rip hd-dvds to a hard drive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How do I rip HD-DVDs to a hard drive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
klassic
_
21. September 2009 @ 14:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have some HD-DVDs and I want to rip the to a hard drive to play on my WDTV. I just don't know the best way to go about it.

1. I am having a hard time finding any HD-DVD drives for my computer. I would like to have both HD-DVD and BluRay on the same drive, but all the BluRay drives I see don't mention HD-DVD.

2. I am not sure what software I should use. I currently use AnyDVD and DVD Shrink to copy only the movie portion on my DVDs. I figured I would get AnyDVDHD, but I don't know what program to use to copy just the movie only.

3. Finally I don't know what file format I should use to preserve the video and sound quality. I will be playing these on a 47 inch HDTV with a surround sound system.

I wanna devise a virus and bring dire straights to your environments. Crush your corporations with a mild touch, trash the whole computer systems and revert you to papyrus - Deltron 3030
Advertisement
_
__

3 product reviews
_
21. September 2009 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ignore this, your original post didn't show any text, so didn't see you wanted film only.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. September 2009 @ 16:18

klassic
_
21. September 2009 @ 16:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah I want just the movie because I don't watch the extras often, and I would rather save on the hard drive space.

I wanna devise a virus and bring dire straights to your environments. Crush your corporations with a mild touch, trash the whole computer systems and revert you to papyrus - Deltron 3030

3 product reviews
_
22. September 2009 @ 03:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't done it, but apparently you can just rip the largest files (.evo) from HD DVD to the HDD. Simply using explorer to copy the files, you'll still need anydvd I expect.
Let me know if it works, as my HD DVDs have just been copied over complete in ISO format.
Blurays are easy, as I just use BD rebuilder.

_
30. October 2009 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use ANYDVDHD to rip to hard drive and then use RIPBOT264 to convert to mkv format. With RIPBOT264 I rencode to an 8 gig filesize(26+ gig to large for storage). Be forewarned that RIPBOT264 will only convert 1 audio stream, so if you want DD5.1 and DTS audios, you have to rip the other separately and remux. I haven't been successful in that. I also play via WDTV to a 52" lcd.

5 product reviews
_
19. January 2010 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BigDK:
I haven't done it, but apparently you can just rip the largest files (.evo) from HD DVD to the HDD. Simply using explorer to copy the files, you'll still need anydvd I expect.
Let me know if it works, as my HD DVDs have just been copied over complete in ISO format.
Blurays are easy, as I just use BD rebuilder.
You could do that but you are still getting all the other language audio and subtitle tracks. You could use EVO demux to reduce the size even more.

"Great minds discuss ideas... Average minds discuss events... Small minds discuss people"

PS3 compatible video creation thread... mkv2vob, tsMuxeR etc.: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/621809
The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639346
_
8. March 2010 @ 07:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by klassic:
I have some HD-DVDs and I want to rip the to a hard drive to play on my WDTV. I just don't know the best way to go about it.

1. I am having a hard time finding any HD-DVD drives for my computer. I would like to have both HD-DVD and BluRay on the same drive, but all the BluRay drives I see don't mention HD-DVD.

2. I am not sure what software I should use. I currently use AnyDVD and DVD Shrink to copy only the movie portion on my DVDs. I figured I would get AnyDVDHD, but I don't know what program to use to copy just the movie only.

3. Finally I don't know what file format I should use to preserve the video and sound quality. I will be playing these on a 47 inch HDTV with a surround sound system.

somehow i just have the same trouble like yours, and one more complicated thing is that my HD DVD has multiple language audio tracks, and i just wondering how to make them selectable. i've tried with some thing, but always bad luck.

You never say listen, I'm all ears.
JoshuaG
_
15. April 2010 @ 03:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I don't have much knowledge about it. As per my knowledge there are many application available which help you to decrypt it to hard drive. I google it and found one good information at "copyhddvd.net".

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. April 2010 @ 12:02

jjfreak5
_
24. May 2010 @ 10:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I too am curious about an HD DVD drive for my computer. I would like to get one that is blu ray as well, but would settle for just the HD DVD. I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.
jonnyj99
Suspended permanently
_
4. August 2010 @ 00:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
spam edited by ddp

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. August 2010 @ 13:36

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. November 2010 @ 15:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my we are busy with the spam.
ddp
_
1. November 2010 @ 17:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not anymore.
_
22. November 2010 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by markjack1:
Recommend you a software with which I am satisfied.It is a professional SPAM converter, and can convert other video formats to VOB with high quality of sound and image. It is absolutely enough to do help for you.
Of Course,the operation step is also very easy to follow, what's more they offer detail guide to teach you how to convert your videos.
What's a professional SPAM converter?

What a spammer.

ddp
_
22. November 2010 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not anymore as he got hit by lightning.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. November 2010 @ 21:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
not anymore as he got hit by lightning.
ddp: the ultimate SPAM Converter

I too, like hobbit, was wondering where to get this SPAM converter and into what the SPAM is transformed. AMPS? MAPS? or PAMS

AfterDawn Addict
_
3. December 2010 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
spam in foreign language. Something new! Thewarm
_
3. December 2010 @ 09:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by thewarm:
Recommend you a software with which I am satisfied.It is a professional SPAM converter, and can convert other video formats to VOB with high quality of sound and image. It is absolutely enough to do help for you.
Of Course,the operation step is also very easy to follow, what's more they offer detail guide to teach you how to convert your videos.

Woo Hoo! The SPAM Converter is back!

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. December 2010 @ 09:37

ddp
_
3. December 2010 @ 17:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anybody for cooked spam in the can!!!
Advertisement
_
__

_
bluesbabe
_
8. March 2011 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hobbit112:
Woo Hoo! .....
Sir, I am told by many that you are the man I need to talk to. Any chance of coaxing you out of your apparent retirement? I am mystified by the process of making DVDs with DL blanks.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hd dvd discussion > how do i rip hd-dvds to a hard drive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork