User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 02:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hd dvd discussion > using a .mkv file with convertxtodvd question
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Using a .mkv file with Convertxtodvd question
  Jump to:

Posted Message
XPerryX
_
7. March 2010 @ 22:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello!

I have a 4.36 GB 720p .mkv file and I wanted to transfer it to a dvd. I was wondering if Convertxtodvd would keep the DTS audio and keep the movie in 720p quality. Thanks!

28 product reviews
_
17. March 2010 @ 20:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes you can keep the DTS audio, but you can't keep original 720p (1280x720) resolution if converting to dvd. Highest is 576p (720x576) for PAL, and 480 (720x480) for NTSC.

To keep DTS audio, go to settings, audio:
-Make sure "Convert DTS to AC-3) is unchecked.
-Set "Convert Audio to Format" to: Automatic.
-Set "Audio Level" to: Keep Source Level(0)

Under the Encoding tab:
-Set "Encoding Quality" to High Quality

Under Tree View (main page/view):
-Click on + sign left to Video to expand list
-Make sure Resolution is set to: "Full D1"

You can read this guide to change the rest settings for best picture/audio quality:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/...todvd_guide.cfm

or if you need more help, you can also download this 42.1MB Manual from VSO for ConvertXtoDVD version 4:
http://download.vso-software.fr/manual/C...D_v4_manual.pdf
(it's big, but if covers everything)

ganesa_9
_
18. March 2010 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does this apply to any and all software converters that will convert HD video to a DVD format, or is there an alternative way to convert HD Video to DVD and retain the original pixel dimensions (eg:1280x720). I have a beautiful piece of video that is 1920x1080, but when I convert it to play in a DVD player the image quality suffers considerably.

Originally posted by mike.m:
Yes you can keep the DTS audio, but you can't keep original 720p (1280x720) resolution if converting to dvd. Highest is 576p (720x576) for PAL, and 480 (720x480) for NTSC.

To keep DTS audio, go to settings, audio:
-Make sure "Convert DTS to AC-3) is unchecked.
-Set "Convert Audio to Format" to: Automatic.
-Set "Audio Level" to: Keep Source Level(0)

Under the Encoding tab:
-Set "Encoding Quality" to High Quality

Under Tree View (main page/view):
-Click on + sign left to Video to expand list
-Make sure Resolution is set to: "Full D1"

You can read this guide to change the rest settings for best picture/audio quality:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/...todvd_guide.cfm

or if you need more help, you can also download this 42.1MB Manual from VSO for ConvertXtoDVD version 4:
http://download.vso-software.fr/manual/C...D_v4_manual.pdf
(it's big, but if covers everything)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2010 @ 10:19

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
18. March 2010 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
^^^No, you cannot...like Mike said,the DVD resolution HAS to be 576p (720x576) for PAL, and 480 (720x480) for NTSC.

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > hd dvd discussion > using a .mkv file with convertxtodvd question

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork