User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > asus eee pc 900
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Asus EEE PC 900
  Jump to:

Posted Message
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
9. March 2013 @ 15:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its not my laptop but its an Asus EEE PC 900. When turned on it black screens. Ive looked into it a bit and think its the hard drive, the hard drive light does still flash a bit/. Im not sure if its spossed to flash how it is or not. But is there anything else it could be with an easy fix?
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
9. March 2013 @ 17:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if all it shows is a black screen then most likely is not a hard drive issue. nothing shows on the screen after you turn the netbook on?
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
9. March 2013 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It has a command prompt kind of thing... You can still type and stuff but that's about it.
ddp
_
9. March 2013 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you do the "f8" routine to get the safemode menu up?
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
9. March 2013 @ 20:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nope... Doesn't seem like it. It put a bunch of 1'2, '9's and ^'s on the command prompt thing though
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
12. March 2013 @ 20:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Bump
ddp
_
12. March 2013 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
which 1 in this link? http://support.asus.com/download/ModelL...=en&keyword=EEE PC 900&type=1

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. March 2013 @ 20:44

StuntZer0
Inactive
_
13. March 2013 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?S.../Linux&p=20&s=1

Pretty sure it's that one. I know it's not any version of windows atleast.
ddp
_
13. March 2013 @ 13:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum.
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
13. March 2013 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My bad. Wasn't 100% where I should post it.
ddp
_
13. March 2013 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no problem. still don't think it is a hard drive issue unless it is developing bad sectors thereby corrupting linux.
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
13. March 2013 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im not sure. I researched a bit and tried a few things suggested. Holding the power switch for a while after taking the battery out or something like that... I dunno what else I could try.
StuntZer0
Inactive
_
22. March 2013 @ 19:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Bump?
Advertisement
_
__

_
ps355528
_
19. June 2013 @ 01:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
missed this.. been away.. to kick up the boot menu I think its <esc> which (assuming grub) will give you boot time options.. really this is a bit special because its running a custom os (last I tested was GOS-Rocket which I didnt like very much) and they have done funky stuff with it to make it "windoze noob" friendly and supposedly foolproof (not!!) .. for all I know it could be some android variant on it.. I know they used all sorts of linux flavours over the production run... try tapping f2 or esc while it boots and see what happens.. or at the prompt a few things like "ver" or "linux-version" can be rather revealing

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > asus eee pc 900

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork