User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > close captioning in linux
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Close Captioning in Linux
  Jump to:

Posted Message
nitrolinux
_
16. January 2014 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, this is my first post!

I was just wondering, has there been or even been any discussion on any possible development on software in the OpenSource world for creating and embedding of close cpationing in video formats such as MPEG, MOV, or MP4? Not Subtitling!!! We are talking about CEA-708 Captions for television broadcasting.

It looks to me that Telestream has the market cornered on such software, what I would assume, a very important thing to develop. Even if it came at a price. Not the $5K they are commanding for such software.

It would be great if someone could comment on this. I am trying to close caption a 30 minute program that I produce and my efforts have been a total bust! I can make SCC files all day with some previously purchased software (MovieCaptioner) but this is only good for Standard Definition content, and when you get into the HD world, you must produce 708 captions, not the old 608 captions.

I am now using the new Adobe Premiere Pro CC. It was suppose to produce 708 captions, but I haven't seen it yet. Apparently this is a feat that is impossible to achieve outside of Telestream,

I swear, if I knew this, I would had tried a little harder in Math, back in school and learned some programming.

Any help or information would be great.

-nitrolinux
ps355528
_
15. February 2014 @ 23:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you may have got help in the specific video editing topics.. but this is totally outside my field of expertise.. yup.. finally found something I know absolutely less than nothing about.. awesome.. top marks..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2014 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This member at VideoHelp is up to date on CC.
Consider posting there.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3523...l=1#post2212257
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > close captioning in linux

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork