User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > dropping clients.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dropping clients.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
johnno197
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
26. April 2012 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
Just switched broadband provider from 3 to eircom. Having an issue whereby in cccam.info I seem to be constantly dropping clients. I'll have 15 one minute and as low as 3 the next minute.Its constantlt fluctuating like that. It worked fine with the 3 network, But i was curtailed by their download limit, so I switched to eircom. I have a Clarke Tech/Xtrend ET6000 running cccam 2.2.0. I have Inadyn set up on the receiver with a no-ip account. I also lost my cccam.cfg file about the same time I switched provider.It just disappears every now and then! I reinstalled that and I think I have everything back in place. I am connecting to servers o.k. and receiving pictures but I'm concerned my clients are not connecting to me. Could I be missing something in cccam.cfg?

Thanks.
ps355528
_
6. May 2012 @ 23:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think this is a very network specific problem.. it may be they are sharper on dropping connections which reply with long ping or late.

It looks like something is modifying the config file.. the documentation should explain why it does that. Why not set that file read only by everything so it can't be modified?

Not familiar at all with any of this software or networks.. sorry.. can't help. RTFM is probably the only way to work it out, along with communicating with the software devs.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. May 2012 @ 23:36

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > dropping clients.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork