User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 00:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > fire fox
Show topics

Forums
Forums
FIRE FOX
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rtrg
_
3. April 2013 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can FF be installed using any version of LINUX or UBUNTU? If yes how do I access it? From the download center, desktop icon, built in browser? Once installed can I move the icon from the MENU to the desktop? Open it from there and download all other programs including OPERA, SLIM BROWSER, and even IE8? Office suites, anti virus, email, ect? I tried ZORIN and FF WAS in the download center but came up "FF IS BROKEN". All advice welcome.
Advertisement
_
__
megadunderhead
_
4. May 2013 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rtrg:
Can FF be installed using any version of LINUX or UBUNTU? If yes how do I access it? From the download center, desktop icon, built in browser? Once installed can I move the icon from the MENU to the desktop? Open it from there and download all other programs including OPERA, SLIM BROWSER, and even IE8? Office suites, anti virus, email, ect? I tried ZORIN and FF WAS in the download center but came up "FF IS BROKEN". All advice welcome.
FF is currently broken on the latest version of ubuntu there working on it
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
4. May 2013 @ 17:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If repairing packages doesn't work you'll need to install from terminal then you should be fine & ff should work,the 1st link has instructions on repair & install however it best you uninstall the version you have first if repair fails

the second link on how to install ff only

http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1879

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/10/install...-in-ubuntu.html

edit: you can install chrome & opera the same way using what ever package repository for that respective browser it works better thru terminal than that browser picker garbage,obviously a reboot may be required after install

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. May 2013 @ 17:49

ps355528
_
18. June 2013 @ 23:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pretty hard to have an opinion when you have ditched FF over 19 months ago on the only ubuntu machine in the house for being way too heavy and refusing to run anything with flash without segfaulting.. and ubuntu still sucks (Scorp will laugh.. this lappy is still on 10.04 with a 2.6.4x kernel due to wireless disasters in the 3.x messes from anybody but arch or sabayon teams) ;)

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
19. June 2013 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah the v2.6 kernel is pretty stable,definitely a few issues with v3 alright tho zorin 6 uses v3 up to 3.6 & it runs pretty sweet but they introduced zorin 7 using v3.8 oh boy that was fun it lasted less than 2hrs before a reboot after installing this n that & ended up with no desktop..lol.. so i'll wait a bit before i try an updated version of 7,for now i'll stick to trusty ol' 6.3lts

Advertisement
_
__

_
cycoshas
_
2. August 2013 @ 23:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rtrg:
Ubuntu comes inbuilt with Firefox
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > fire fox

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork