User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > need help on installing/running liberte linux/live usb on a partitioned/hidden flash drive?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Need help on installing/running liberte linux/live usb on a partitioned/hidden flash drive?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
homersimpson
_
8. June 2012 @ 09:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have managed to follow the steps and encrypt my usb creating an outer and inner layer and it is working really well, I am able to store files on the hidden layer and it works no problem!

However I extract and run liberte linux to the hidden folder then restart my computer booting from usb assuming that it would configure liberte linux and let me run the OS once I have entered my hidden layer password but it doesn't.

It just asks me to remove media and press any key to reboot?

Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong :(
Do I have to boot up the hidden OS within TrueCrypt?

Thanks
homersimpson
_
8. June 2012 @ 11:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone? :(
Schmick
_
9. June 2012 @ 18:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
RTFM

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=issues-and-limitations

Quote:
... in order to boot a system encrypted by TrueCrypt, an unencrypted copy of the TrueCrypt Boot Loader has to be stored on the system drive...
Hidden drives/partitions are pretty much a waste of time - still rather obvious that something is hidden there, and still susceptible to rubber hose attacks. You might even win some extra waterboarding while they try to work out how many layers of encryption you're using or if they suspect a decoy key has been given over - wouldn't that be fun!

Just use LUKS partition encryption. Built in support in the kernel makes it nice and easy. If you really want deniability, don't make your key able to be memorised, and store it on something that can be quickly and reliably lost/destroyed.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > linux - general discussion > need help on installing/running liberte linux/live usb on a partitioned/hidden flash drive?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork