User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > apple imac 21.5 a1311 flashing on and off
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Apple iMac 21.5 A1311 Flashing On And Off
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
26. June 2013 @ 18:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Apple iMac 21.5 A1311.
My problem is that i recently changed the hard drive and in doing so broke the glass screen. I have since replaced the screen and put the hard drive in.
My probem now is the screen keeps flashing on and off.
Is working fine but evey few mins at random goes balck themn bright then black then bright. Its just flashing on and off.
Anyone any ideas what this could be.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
27. June 2013 @ 00:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is that a laptop or an all-in-1 computer?
_
27. June 2013 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is one of them all in ones
ddp
_
27. June 2013 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check all the connections internally as might not be seated right or got jared loose when replacing screen or hard drive.
megadunderhead
_
29. November 2013 @ 09:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i can answer this!!!

Is it a silver or a white iMac

The reason i asked is the silver iMacs cannot be upgraded by you the user they can only be upgraded by apple it is because there is a hard drive sensor built into the stock apple IMac hard drive that tells the computer its a ok hard drive to use you have to bypass the sensor in order for the iMac to boot there are hundreds of forums on this....

i do recommend www.ifixit.com they tell you how to bypass the sensor

Now if it is a white all in one iMac you are limited to a 1.5 tb hard drive only the firmware on the iMac only reads up to 1.5 tb no more no less

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. November 2013 @ 23:41

ddp
_
29. November 2013 @ 11:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
apple doesn't make hard drives.
megadunderhead
_
29. November 2013 @ 23:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thank you for informing me of the spelling error stupid mac os x maverick it loves to auto correct incorrectly
ddp
_
30. November 2013 @ 00:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what spelling error as i just stated that apple does not make hard drives which they buy from the hard drive manufactures like seagate & others or ssd drives from intel & others?
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
30. November 2013 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
what spelling error as i just stated that apple does not make hard drives which they buy from the hard drive manufactures like seagate & others or ssd drives from intel & others?
i typed in stock apple iMac hard drive and it auto corrected it and removed words
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > apple imac 21.5 a1311 flashing on and off

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork