User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 13:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > how to format my hdd and install new os
Show topics

Forums
Forums
how to format my hdd and install new os
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
6. March 2013 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey guys my cousin just bought 2nd hand mac but there are too many applications downloaded in it so i was wondering if u can tell me how to format and install a new copy of mac os
please help me out i have no idea mac works but i know how windows works :P
and let me also ask u that the person he bought this mac from did not give him and disk or application disk so can i download one from torrent and will it work ???

Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
6. March 2013 @ 20:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Check and see if there is a recovery partition on the hard drive that will let re-install the Mac OS. Usually if you do a clean install it will give you the option to do a format.

Here is a youtube video that shows you how to do a format on a Mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB1F7axRghE

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
_
7. March 2013 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm i have already watched that video let me ask u should i dont load the os from torrents as i told u the installation disk is missing :(

ddp
_
7. March 2013 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes but the right version for that mac as latest version might not work with it.
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
8. March 2013 @ 08:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by A316:
hmm i have already watched that video let me ask u should i dont load the os from torrents as i told u the installation disk is missing :(
Question click the apple logo on the upper left corner of the screen once the machine is booted select about this mac and please tell us what it says this will help us more to tell you compatible o.s and what you need all though i cannot tell you where to get it because it is against the rules
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > how to format my hdd and install new os

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork