User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:52
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > imac wont shut down
Show topics

Forums
Forums
imac wont shut down
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mantara1
_
3. December 2012 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can't shut my imac down or restart. Keep getting a pop up message telling me to click continue as there is apparently an untitled disc waiting to be burned. But there is no disc in the optical drive. I click on continue but nothing happens. Lion os.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
3. December 2012 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have you tried holding the power button down for 8-10 seconds to turn off like a windows machine does?
mantara1
_
4. December 2012 @ 01:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
have you tried holding the power button down for 8-10 seconds to turn off like a windows machine does?
No, I never knew that.
I pressed the power button for only 1 sec but the imac just went into sleep mode. I finally got it to shut down by doing a force quit on Finder. I would have tried this option before posting to this site but there was no force quit tag option for Finder, just an option to relaunch which confused me. Eventually i clicked on the relaunch option and it shut down.
Thank you.
I had noticed earlier when I was doing file verifications and repairs that there was a warning that SUID was not able to be repaired. Any idea what SUID is?
JST1946
_
4. December 2012 @ 05:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This may help you to understand what SUID stands for.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2243661?start=0&tstart=0

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
mantara1
_
4. December 2012 @ 05:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
This may help you to understand what SUID stands for.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2243661?start=0&tstart=0
What a relief. Thank you very much.
Advertisement
_
__

_
JST1946
_
4. December 2012 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your welcome.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > imac wont shut down

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork