User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 00:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > network mac osx lion to windows 7
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Network Mac OSX Lion to Windows 7
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
25. November 2012 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know you can network a mac to a windows machine and I have done it with my two computers. But what I don't know is if you can network them together with a usb cord. The reason is my iMac has wireless on it and my pc don't have a wireless card so I have to connect it thru ethernet and when I do that I can get internet on my pc but I need to be able to share files from my mac and also be able to print and use the internet. Is there any possible way to do all this I seen a cord that allows you to transfer files thru usb but didn't know if that would really work for printing. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in Advance,
Squewheet
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. November 2012 @ 20:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does you iMac not have an ethernet port? I don't think you're going to be able to achieve what you want to achieve without networking them together properly but I'm not particularly good with networking off the top of my head so don't quote me.

ddp
_
27. November 2012 @ 22:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you enable file\printer sharing on both computers?
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > network mac osx lion to windows 7

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork