User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 10:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > paste command issue on external hhd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
paste command issue on external hhd
  Jump to:

Posted Message
slo_byrne
_
7. February 2014 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Macbook Pro [2009 model] running Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Here's my problem. I recently connected a 500 Gb Lacie hhd via usb 2.0 to use as a backup storage. I copied and pasted several music, photo and video files into it [approx 100Gb, manual backup, as that is my preference] I have a usb stick that I put several files on from my pc. I put them in a folder on my Mac and tried to copy and paste them from the folder into the Lacie drive, but there was no option to paste. My first thought was the Lacie was malfunctioning in some manner. So I tried using some of the items in the Lacie and everything works, I can listen to the music, view photos and watch videos, but it wont let me paste anything in it. I've tried drag drop using the option and command method, didn't work, tried using the menu bar functions, that didn't work either. Everything I tried failed. It worked just fine the other day but today it won't. I don't get it. One other thing, it will let me cut items from the drive, just won't let me paste anything in. Hope someone out there has an idea that can help me with this issue. Thank you all.
Joe
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > paste command issue on external hhd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork