User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 00:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > some avi files play, others wont.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Some AVI files play, others wont.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
OralB
_
19. February 2013 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey everyone! So, I burned a movie that I downloaded (It was a free legal download, not pirated) to some a DVD, and it played fine on my Xbox 360. The file was .avi. I downloaded another movie, .avi as well, but this time it will not burn or play on the Xbox. It plays just fine on the computer, no issues at all, but when I try to burn it I get the error "0x80020063" during the verification process, and the DVD will not burn. I put in another blank DVD and burned the previous movie, it burned and played fine. So, I tried again with series 2, and the same error occurred. So judging off of that, it looks like it's not an error with the DVD or my drive.

The movie is in the same .avi format as the previous, and it plays just fine on the computer. But for some reason it just won't burn. That is what is really throwing me off. So, I figured it's an issue with the container or whatever it's called. Maybe it's just some funky container that is not supported for burning or playing on the Xbox. Does anyone know how I can get around this? I've tried converting to .mov with smart converter, still didn't burn or play. I also tried using ExpressBurn to burn it, didn't work either.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. February 2013 @ 23:34

Advertisement
_
__
houndz17
_
11. March 2013 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVI video often wraped with codec XVID, H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MS MPEG4 V3, MS MPEG4 V2.

You can try to convert the avi files to a more standard format like mp4 then burn to dvd.

I have used AppGeeker DVD Creator and been reasonably satisfied with the result.

Try it.
megadunderhead
_
11. March 2013 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by houndz17:
AVI video often wraped with codec XVID, H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MS MPEG4 V3, MS MPEG4 V2.

You can try to convert the avi files to a more standard format like mp4 then burn to dvd.

I have used AppGeeker DVD Creator and been reasonably satisfied with the result.

Try it.
i have one better for mac users use evom from the little app factory its free and converts all video into avi mpeg mpeg 4 then it can be transfered from mpeg 4 into idvd and burned that way
ballunknot
_
29. March 2013 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i am trying to play .avi movies from my pc on my new iMac using divx and or quicktime neither will allow me to because they do not accept ac3. how do i go about playing my pc movies on my mac or converting the files? thanks in advance. Lyle
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
30. November 2013 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ballunknot:
i am trying to play .avi movies from my pc on my new iMac using divx and or quicktime neither will allow me to because they do not accept ac3. how do i go about playing my pc movies on my mac or converting the files? thanks in advance. Lyle
easy actually use VLC media player
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > some avi files play, others wont.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork