User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > why wont itunes open aac music file?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Why wont iTunes open AAC music file?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mantara1
_
29. November 2012 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello. I recently downloaded an AAC music file but iTunes wont open it on my imac desktop (Lion o/s). My VLC player can play the AAC file but I would like to burn the AAC file to a disk to play in my car's CD player without having to convert to an mp3 format. I have iTunes 10.4. Do I need to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes in order to play AAC files?
megadunderhead
_
1. December 2012 @ 20:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you need to convert the file to mp3 transfer back into itunes then create a itunes aac not all acc are created the same use vlc to convert the file to mp3 using the streaming and exporting wizard
mantara1
_
2. December 2012 @ 03:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by megadunderhead:
you need to convert the file to mp3 transfer back into itunes then create a itunes aac not all acc are created the same use vlc to convert the file to mp3 using the streaming and exporting wizard
Thanks for advice but surely by first converting to mp3 there will be a loss in sound quality which defeats the purpose of the exercise.
The whole purpose of AAC is to retain better sound quality.
Is there no way that I can burn the original AAC file to cd rom from the vlc player without first changing its format to mp3?
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
2. December 2012 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mantara1:
Originally posted by megadunderhead:
Thanks for advice but surely by first converting to mp3 there will be a loss in sound quality which defeats the purpose of the exercise.
The whole purpose of AAC is to retain better sound quality.
Is there no way that I can burn the original AAC file to cd rom from the vlc player without first changing its format to mp3?
yep sorry you have to change to mp3 it's stupid because we have dual aac formats the hacker format which keeps isp's from spying on the file and the original that itunes reads and you wont lose sound quality because once converted to mp3 you can reconvert it back into aac through iTunes
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > why wont itunes open aac music file?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork