User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > windows 7 startup on a old macbook pro
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows 7 startup on a old macbook pro
  Jump to:

Posted Message
richietea
_
24. December 2013 @ 01:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not sure if its a mac thread or windows thread to be honest.I required a macbook pro 1150 and installed windows 7 premium o/s as i dont have snow leopard or any other software that could work.Everything works fine within windows,all bootcamp installations have been updated.However if there is a lockup or the system needs to be started unexpectedly you have no other options other than start windows normally and a repair option.How do i use a mac keyboard to make my selection out of the o/s environment.I cannot see how to select up or down to either repair or start windows normally.Any ideas? I mod consoles through windows and i have managed to avoid using a mac until i was fixing this one for someone.Second question is does anyone know what mac o/s needs to be acquired for this model.There is no stickers on the underside all i know is that its a core duo,1 gig ram and an ati 1600 chip and was made in 2006 and is a macbook pro 1150.Many thanks guys..
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
24. December 2013 @ 16:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ps355528
_
29. December 2013 @ 06:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
open solaris 12 would work great on that.. as for the "no keyboard until os starts".. you have to preload a keyboard driver with the correct keymapper.. I'm guessing it's a usb driver you are actually missing somewhere, or it's disabled in the hardware

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. December 2013 @ 06:51

MichaelPhillipis
_
30. December 2013 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I then remembered that I had an old MacBook Pro Core Due 2 (Mid 2010 model) lying around that I didn?t use...

<a hrep="http://www.celebrityballa.com/">Celebrity News</a>
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
30. December 2013 @ 04:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Many thanks guys for the replies.Not too sure how i would acquire a keymapper that would load before starting the o/s though.Thoughts? I have seen and looked at keymappers that run via windows.Bootcamp has limited functions and i don't suppose it runs its purpose with the windows startup selection.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > windows 7 startup on a old macbook pro

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork