User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 12:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > cannot find bluetooth driver that will install
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cannot find Bluetooth driver that will install
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
5. April 2014 @ 16:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello all. I'm so desperate for help with this problem. I've been trying for hours to get Bluetooth installed on my laptop but nothing is working.

-I have a Dell Vostro 3500 with Windows 7 32bit Home Premium
-Bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS (I have the most recent BIOS available for my system)
-I have a Bluetooth light (which is off) above my keyboard, next to the sound controls. I can't figure out how to get it turned on
-I own multiple Bluetooth devices (mouse, iphone) all of which work on my other computer which is a Dell Inspiron with Windows 8
-When I first got this computer, I seem to remember having a Bluetooth icon in my system tray. But after reinstalling Windows, I never saw it again.

-I DO NOT have a Bluetooth button on my keyboard to enable or disable it
-I DO NOT have the Bluetooth icon in my system tray
-My Device Manager DOES NOT detect any Bluetooth drivers installed on my laptop
-When I search for wireless devices to add, Windows DOES NOT detect anything

I have tried installing the Bluetooth drivers from the Dell website, using my Service Tag (the warantee is expired but I still have access to all my drivers) to find the correct drivers.
None of them work.
After extracting, it attempts to install and I get the error "No bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly".

I then attempted to install the drivers that came with the computer on CD.
It also doesn't work.
After extracting, it attempts to install and I get the error "No bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly".

I obviously cannot contact Dell for any support as my warantee is expired.
Can anyone help me please?

ddp
_
5. April 2014 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
drivers link http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/vostro-3500
service manual link ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_vostro_notebook/vostro-3500_service%20manual_en-us.pdf
_
5. April 2014 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks a lot DDP. I'll try to see if I have a Bluetooth card inside my laptop.

Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
6. April 2014 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You need the correct driver you also have to select the operating system which in your case is win 7 then the correct bit version 32 or 64bit

it may be necessary to manually install if after extraction it doesn't do it by auto

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > cannot find bluetooth driver that will install

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork