User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 14:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > laptop intermittent connection
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Laptop intermittent connection
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tali1
_
4. May 2014 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have several devices running off my Hub -all work fine except for one laptop.I intermittently cannot connect and get Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN message
Even though i am not connected the network settings are showing that i am connected-which is unusual as every other time previous there was a lost connection any device would clearly show no connection with red cross
The desktop pc which the hub is connected to shows "Network 2" as connection
The problem laptop shows "Multiple Networks" and when i check settings it says "Network 2" the adapter is not connected
I'm sure i need to sort out the settings- i'm not techie on connections btw!
I just lost connection whilst trying to post this

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. May 2014 @ 20:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do a Google search for: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN maybe adding your browser name to the search and do some reading.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading; The few who learn by observation;
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves...
tali1
_
5. May 2014 @ 14:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I did that actually before originally posting -oh if only it was that simple! That, it now seems, to be just an annoying general error message
Others may have same message but the scenarios seem to be very different from mine

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. May 2014 @ 14:37

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. May 2014 @ 14:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
?? start at the last point and work in. check any connecting cable by replacing it with a known good one. and go from there.
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
6. May 2014 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried resetting winsock? try the command prompts below using cmd and admin privileges.

netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > laptop intermittent connection

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork