User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 04:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > need help re-setting pc to sell
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Need help re-setting pc to sell
  Jump to:

Posted Message
sageon
_
12. March 2014 @ 02:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey guys, my friend wants to buy my new pc because its a beast and he is going to want to use trial programs that i have already used
and the trials can only be installed on a pc one time, i don't want to rip my friend, so what do i do exactly?

....some of my pc specs are:
- Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
- 250GB Samsung ssd 2.5
- 2TB 3.5 sata HDD
- GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard
Advertisement
_
__
_
12. March 2014 @ 07:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sageon:
hey guys, my friend wants to buy my new pc because its a beast and he is going to want to use trial programs that i have already used
and the trials can only be installed on a pc one time, i don't want to rip my friend, so what do i do exactly?

....some of my pc specs are:
- Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
- 250GB Samsung ssd 2.5
- 2TB 3.5 sata HDD
- GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard
the way to do it would be edit the registry to get any traces of them programs removed then put the trials back on.I can't give you exact instruction as i havn't done manually but it can be done.Also should be noted that messing with the registry can damage your computer if your inexperienced.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
ddp
_
12. March 2014 @ 13:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is the computer a namebrand or a clone? did windows come pre-installed or did you have to load it off a disk? did it come with a recovery disk or not?
_
12. March 2014 @ 19:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you dont want to rip your friend off i would get rid of this trial bloatware.if he wants any of those programs he can always buy them.most trial programs dont have full funcionality anyway.i,personally,would be a bit insulted if i bought a computer that wasnt cleaned up first.
sageon
_
12. March 2014 @ 22:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
is the computer a namebrand or a clone? did windows come pre-installed or did you have to load it off a disk? did it come with a recovery disk or not?
its a custom build I got the shop guy to do the bios but I installed windows 7 and some drivers myself which was scary as I am a newbe for example I didn't no what CLONE meant till I just looked it up, clone means a old rebuilt pc right , no its brand new,
I have windows 7 home premium disc full licence,
and he needs to be able to use the trials before he buys them
ddp
_
12. March 2014 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
clone means store built but not a dell, hp or lenova.
_
13. March 2014 @ 02:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i take it you are selling it to him with windows installed?just do a clean install of windows and reinstall the trials that he wants.
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2014 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sageon:
its a custom build I got the shop guy to do the bios but I installed windows 7 and some drivers myself which was scary as I am a newbe for example I didn't no what CLONE meant till I just looked it up, clone means a old rebuilt pc right , no its brand new,
I have windows 7 home premium disc full licence,
and he needs to be able to use the trials before he buys them

If this is a custom build with a fresh install of "windows 7 home premium disc full licence" it had NO trial software.. Let him dig up what he wants to try on the internet. It will be good practice for him to learn a little something. LOL Or, if you feel obliged, dig it up for him.... :)

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading; The few who learn by observation;
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves...
Advertisement
_
__

_
sageon
_
13. March 2014 @ 22:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did a clean install, i found some rough instructions online for clean install, that fix the problem, thank you all for your help
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > need help re-setting pc to sell

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork