User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 16:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > password windows7
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Password windows7
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Hubabubas
_
19. May 2014 @ 08:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Having a problem with my laptop, it wont take my password, i'm 100% sure it is the right password, but having tried so many times, it pops up "no user account loaded or words to that effect. I have a second account on the laptop, with no privlages,which i can use, its my first account that has my files loaded.

is there any other way that i can recover my files without losing files etc.
I have tried opening in safe mode, no joy.

operating windows 7
many thanks in advance
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. May 2014 @ 09:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you run the Command Processor as an Administrator, at the prompt you can type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Then Open The Control panel and select 'User Accounts' > 'Add or Remove user accounts', select your account and set the password - that way you know the password is correct before going further.
Hubabubas
_
19. May 2014 @ 09:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
If you run the Command Processor as an Administrator, at the prompt you can type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Then Open The Control panel and select 'User Accounts' > 'Add or Remove user accounts', select your account and set the password - that way you know the password is correct before going further.
Attar

I will try it this evening, and i will let you know how i got on, thank you for your very quick reply.
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. May 2014 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any problems try the steps listed here:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/...d-windows-7.htm

I used recently used a Win 7 Home Premium repair CD to reset the password in a Win 7 Ultimate installation.
Hubabubas
_
20. May 2014 @ 05:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
attar,

tried, net user administrator /active:yes

not sure what i should do then?

when i try to access users, it looks for a password " for account Paul" the account i'm useing is "Paul 2 account" i looked at your last post pcsupport, there is a lot of info to get through, i will try some of them later, i'm wrecking my head trying to remember my password, I think i have old timers sydrome. chat later
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2014 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it's asking for a password it means that Paul2 isn't an Administrator.

Did you create a 'System Repair Disk' for your machine or do you have an Installation disk for Windows 7?
You can create a repair disk on another windows 7 machine.
If you don't have a repair disk, I can give you a link.
The procedure to change the password is less complex than it reads.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. May 2014 @ 05:50

Hubabubas
_
20. May 2014 @ 06:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
attar,

I had made a repair disk done, and put it in a safe place, where?

I have my laptop with me in work, if you can give me the link i will try it.I tried to get a disc on this computer, but in restricts me from doing so.

Thanks

Paul
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2014 @ 08:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PM'ed with link.
Hubabubas
_
20. May 2014 @ 09:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
attar

I will have a look
malone78
_
27. May 2014 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Did you create a 'System Repair Disk' for your machine or do you have an Installation disk for Windows 7?
Would you please send the link where to make a 'Windows 7 Repair Disk' please.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. May 2014 @ 14:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by malone78:

Check PM.
Advertisement
_
__

_
malone78
_
27. May 2014 @ 14:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by malone78:

Check PM.
Will do. Mine is the Windows 7 32bit.
Thanks in advance
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > password windows7

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork