User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 22:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > user names and passwords
Show topics

Forums
Forums
user names and passwords
  Jump to:

Posted Message
whiskey99
_
31. March 2014 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HI,I have a problem with missing UN&PW'S.
I have lost all of my UN&PW'S in my WINXP OS i probably did something silly and stupid but they are all gone the only ones i have right now are the more recent ones went to GOOGLE to
if there was a way to retrieve them but whats out there is a little scary to say the least.
Could this connected to my installing WIN 7 on another HDD i looked around on my PC thru the search bar could i have accidentally sent them somewhere and not realize i even did it,thanks
Advertisement
_
__
rulisky
_
31. March 2014 @ 17:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I do not know of any specific way to retrieve this info. If you are not sure of where they went or how they got somewhere - I would change them right away. Better safe than sorry.

Here is what I do. I save NOTHING on my computer in regards to passwords. I keep a "Cheat Sheet" in my drawer to remind me of what I can not remember. I am the only user on my computer (or wife) - NO kids or others to worry about crazy fingers. And I do trust my wife !!
ddp
_
31. March 2014 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i do the same thing for just in case the hard drive craps out or the computer gets hacked(unlikely).
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
1. April 2014 @ 20:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
or the computer gets hacked(unlikely).
doesn't stop me from trying :p

ddp
_
1. April 2014 @ 22:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
trying what?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
1. April 2014 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
would'a helped i spose if i had said attempting to hack your computer..lol..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. April 2014 @ 23:52

Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
1. April 2014 @ 23:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not my computer!!!!!
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > user names and passwords

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork