User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 12:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > when recovering win7 system image from a usb 3 drive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
When Recovering Win7 System Image From A USB 3 Drive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. June 2012 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm posting this in case anyone else has a need (and does a search).
I had occasion to recover my system image from a USB 3 drive using the windows 7 64 bit recovery disk.
Since USB-3 is not supported during this process, I had to install the drivers during the recovery.
(Note that instead you could plug your USB-3 drive into a regular USB port and the image will be detected, but the speed is very, very slow.)

If you wish to take advantage of the higher USB-3 speed, do this:
Here's the link:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloa...?DocID=DS015025
The file is named 8ay208ww.exe and is 6.8MB
Run the .exe and copy the files to a new folder - but do not install them.
The required files are located in here: Files > x64
Listed are the USB-3 driver files which are required to be available before the image is detected on the drive:
nusb3co.dll
nusb3hub.cat
nusb3hub.inf <<<<<<<<
nusb3hub.sys
nusb3xhc.cat
nusb3xhc.inf <<<<<<<<
nusb3xhc.sys
I copied them to a flash drive.
The two .inf files indicated are selected (one at a time) during the image restore.
They both relate to USB 3.
When the drivers are installed, the drive will be detected and you can proceed to select the image file.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. June 2012 @ 15:39

ddp
_
24. June 2012 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
title edited & thread stickied
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > when recovering win7 system image from a usb 3 drive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork