User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > win7 missing boot rec
Show topics

Forums
Forums
win7 missing boot rec
  Jump to:

Posted Message
osoarrogant_prop
_
27. March 2014 @ 00:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I used the search option and couldn't find a fix for this anywhere. I have a win7 home premium sony Vaio laptop and for some reason my boot up files are either gone or corrupted. When I boot up it fails and says something to the extent of "Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt" I didn't manage to create a repair or recovery disk before it messed up and I cannot find one online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this isn't in the correct topic discussion, a point in the right direction would be great as well.
ddp
_
27. March 2014 @ 20:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Use the Recovery Partition To Revert Your Sony VAIO TO Factory Default
While you should have a set of recovery disks for your Sony computer, you can actually use that recovery partition to restore your computer to factory condition.
?Power on the computer and press F10 several times.
?Choose Start Recovery Wizard
?Follow the onscreen prompts.
The restore process should take less than an hour to complete. When finished, the computer will restart and you will be presented with a Sony VAIO that has been reverted back to factory defaults. Be sure to immediately run Windows Update, install an anti-virus (unless there is already one installed) and then reinstall your back-up data and programs. Your Sony computer should now run faster and be more reliable.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...e8-0bb39d5d601c
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
29. March 2014 @ 19:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Check to see if it gives you the option to use the command prompt you maybe be able to either do a
check disk /r
& or
repair boot &
fixmbr

If not go grab a copy of oem win 7 home from any torrent,actually it most probably won't matter what version of home 7 for restoring boot record

The real concern is how did this happen in the first place was it virus,an incorrect shutdown or a corrupted sector on the hdd,No i'd start with removing the harddrive & running seagate seatools on it doing both short & long scans

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > win7 missing boot rec

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork