User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > win 7 key
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Win 7 Key
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Mike50
_
23. April 2014 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just downloaded and installed Win 7 Ultimate from Microsoft (file X17-59465.iso). Now I need a legal key. I've searched the MS site, get shuttled from one window to the next but can't find out how to buy a key. Can I use the key from any of the advertised Win7 downloads to activate my already installed version?
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
23. April 2014 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i seriously doubt you downloaded it from genuine microsoft website it was withdrawn from sale ages ago,only way to get a key is oem or ebay or use windows loader by daz

Mike50
_
23. April 2014 @ 15:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
i seriously doubt you downloaded it from genuine microsoft website it was withdrawn from sale ages ago,only way to get a key is oem or ebay or use windows loader by daz
You're right. I got the link to the file from the Microsoft site, the actual file came from msft.digitalriver.net. My question is, if I buy a downloadable OEM version, I presume it comes with a key. Will that key then work to register my installed win, or will that key only work with the purchased OEM system?
_
23. April 2014 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the key only works for the version its attached to.if the oem os and the one youve downloaded are the same version you would be good to go.good old daz.lol
glyntamly
_
24. April 2014 @ 10:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Replaced the hard disc on my laptop,got the download from digital river,googled for info re the required drivers,downloaded them from the internet all was o.k.I,m sure the license key was on a sticker at the base of my laptop.The upper case on the@ key wouldn,t work,poss because the version was american,changed it to u.k,and with a bit of messing got it to work.I,m no expert but hope this is of some help.Good luck.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. April 2014 @ 14:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you own a computer with win 7 & have lost the key you don't need the key just download daz loader,you then install win 7 DO NOT ENTER SERIAL NUMBER,let win 7 install then run daz loader from desktop & reboot problem solved; works for vista as well

do not install windows update KB971033,would pay to manually download updates

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2014 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
do not install windows update KB971033,would pay to manually download updates

watch closely for KB971033 and when it shows up right click and HIDE it. You shouldn't be bothered with it again and can have auto updates.

p.s. be sure to un-check the box on the left.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. April 2014 @ 14:44

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2014 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It boot time to Desktop noticeably longer using a loader?
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2014 @ 18:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No!
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2014 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thankee kindly, lad.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2014 @ 19:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
More than welcome, ole friend..

I have a loader and it's sloow.. but I have about 27 items working at boot time.
That's why I never turn it off and only boot about once a week.. lol
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > win 7 key

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork