User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > windows 7 32 bit
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows 7 32 bit
  Jump to:

Posted Message
malone78
_
27. May 2014 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am still running Windows XP on one of my machines. Is upgrading to the 32 bit version of Windows 7 (or 8 for that matter), the only way to make sure all of my old hardware, including external hardware, working?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
27. May 2014 @ 13:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what are the system specs of the computer as in cpu speed & number of cores, ram & hd capacity?
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. May 2014 @ 22:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading; The few who learn by observation;
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves...
malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
what are the system specs of the computer as in cpu speed & number of cores, ram & hd capacity?
Socket 775 P4 3.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
250 GB HHD
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 11:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my bad

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2014 @ 12:22

malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 12:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not a problem.
ddp
_
9. June 2014 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go with win7 not 8\8.1 unless you have a touch screen & maybe not even then.

2oldGeek, what did you do to be bad?
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 15:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2oldGeek, what did you do to be bad?
I posted to the wrong thread but moved it without any Mod help.. LOL
ddp
_
9. June 2014 @ 15:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dummy!!!!!!!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 15:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dummy!!!!!!!!
I am highly offended by that remark! I suggest 30 lashes behind the left ear with a wet noodle as your punishment....
ddp
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have your wife give it to you as i'm not the 1 who posted in the wrong thread.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by malone78:
Socket 775 P4 3.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
250 GB HHD
2GB ram works with win7 but if you bump it up to 4GB it will make a world of difference in the performance.... just saying..
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have your wife give it to you as i'm not the 1 who posted in the wrong thread.
She's kinky and when this situation arises we open the icebox and have a little whip-n-chill!
malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by 2oldGeek:
Socket 775 P4 3.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
250 GB HHD
2GB ram works with win7 but if you bump it up to 4GB it will make a world of difference in the performance.... just saying..
Oh I agree 100%. But at nearly $100.00 for Win7, that will have to wait a few. I just wanted to know if my present hardware will work with Win7 - 32bit, or can I go with the 64 bit.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Socket 775 P4 3.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
250 GB HHD
Oh I agree 100%. But at nearly $100.00 for Win7, that will have to wait a few. I just wanted to know if my present hardware will work with Win7 - 32bit, or can I go with the 64 bit.
You can go - put that on the back-burner....

64bit won't take up any more than 32

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2014 @ 16:22

malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Socket 775 P4 3.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
250 GB HHD
You can go - put that on the back-burner....

64bit won't take up any more than 32
Thanks......I appreciate all the help.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DAM, 30 more lashes...... YeeHaa

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2014 @ 16:36

ddp
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
malone78, onboard video or seperate videocard?
malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks......I appreciate all the help.
Any donation is appreciated, the pay scale here Sucks pound water! LOL

Enjoy your 7
LOL But the benefits are terrible!!
malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
malone78, onboard video or seperate videocard?
Separate video card. It's an MSI(like the mobo)4GB.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2014 @ 16:54

ddp
_
9. June 2014 @ 16:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what benefits & what pay?
Advertisement
_
__

_
malone78
_
9. June 2014 @ 17:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what benefits & what pay?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2014 @ 22:29

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > windows 7 32 bit

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork