User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:57
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > google account suspicious activity password
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Google account suspicious activity password
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tali1
_
22. April 2014 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Google blocked a log in attempt of my user details in Turkey.What i want to know is was that fake attempt someone definitely had my password or was it simply attempted use of my email address alone in unrecgonised location that flagged up with Google ?
I have changed the password.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2014 @ 18:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
it simply attempted use of my email address alone in unrecgonised location that flagged up with Google ?

Don't know where you are or what you were doing in Turkey but a lot of these countries block any communication with the outside world and if you have changed your password and everything is working you are probably OK.
tali1
_
23. April 2014 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ah, but i wasn't in Turkey i'm in UK.

ddp
_
23. April 2014 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
could be a heartbleed bug issue with google.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. April 2014 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you sure Google was blocking you or was your password changed?

You could have a DNS malware and you were not where you thought you were. If so the hackers have your ID and password.
tali1
_
31. May 2014 @ 19:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Since that last post and password change i have had 3 Google Verification texts.Oddly , i have not received any suspicious log in attempts message texts which should come before the code and there is no messages on my Google account page on any of my devices about suspicious log in and location.
However, i did notice that Verification code was being requested for Goole log in from I/exp so does each browser need a separate Verification code ?
Also assuming if hackers have password/ID -i am totally safe as these require the codes which can only be sent to my phone?

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. June 2014 @ 16:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tali1:
However, i did notice that Verification code was being requested for Goole log in from I/exp so does each browser need a separate Verification code ?

Each computer that you use to access your account must contain a special cookie in order for you to log in.
If that cookie is transferred to a different computer, it will not work.
I just imagine that each different browser that you use on a computer would also have to have it's own cookie.

Originally posted by tali1:
Also assuming if hackers have password/ID -i am totally safe as these require the codes which can only be sent to my phone?

True, if a hacker gets your password/ID there is no way they can get the code that is sent to your personal phone and is required to access the account.

You should be OK!

2oG
tali1
_
2. June 2014 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Doh ! it was 2 devices that my sons were logging into- that caused the texts- and hence no suspicious activity message

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. June 2014 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, this kind of security is great but sometimes a pain in the butt.. If your browser clears the cookie when it closes, you must get a call and code to reset it each time you use it. I was using "self destructing cookies" and finally figured that out but was also running ccleaner at boot that was clearing all the cookies and was quite a hassle for a while. LOL

Hope you got it now. Have a Happy..

2oG
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > google account suspicious activity password

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork