User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > how to block the new drive-by exploits
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to Block the New Drive-by Exploits
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, I use FireFox.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Firefox is not a script blocker...
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Avast is the only AV with a real time script blocker. and it works.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will post this again since I can't see my first post and hope I don't see a double post after I post this one.

Yes I use FireFox so I am using noscript. I like having a clue where the attack is coming from.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
NoScript is a pain in the pa-toot if you use it while cruising the internet; you have to be up to the task of digging through scripts on every new site you visit to figure out which ones will make the site even work properly. Just use the script filter in Avast..
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2old I am using free avast and I think I am using the current version. I didn't see a script blocker. I do have the avast plug-in on the browser. I guess I am missing something...
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2-old I am not saying I am not crazy but I was answering the question was I using noscript. My second post was more clear.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks 2old I will look into the filter.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm just being too fast.. lol Yes, Avast has a Script shield included in the file and web shields.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
Thanks 2old I will look into the filter.
it turns on with the others...
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
reason i asked mez is i used to use it with ff and yes it was a real pain sometimes.im liking my avast.lol

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. February 2014 @ 21:58

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aldan, are you using MBAE beta? exploit blocker..
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 22:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have MBAE v0.10 alpha and it never catches anything on my machine, no matter how hard I try to get infected. either that or it's catching it and just don't want to tell me.. lol
_
27. February 2014 @ 22:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not using it but i will have a gander.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 22:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can find the beta searching for malwarebytes anti exploit probly ver 0.09. it has a little bug but nothing bad. I've got the newest alpha but I don't think they have let the link out since it's still in alpha stages. it's doing great, i'll see if I can get the link to it if you want it..
_
27. February 2014 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
id be interested.right now have the 0.09.5.1000 version.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 22:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oops I think that's a dead one.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. February 2014 @ 22:55

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
here

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. February 2014 @ 00:22

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 23:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you get it, aldan?
_
28. February 2014 @ 00:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just saw it now.will let you know how it goes.thanks.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2014 @ 00:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah, i was going to remove that link when you have it.
_
28. February 2014 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
got it up and running thanks very much.Al
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2014 @ 00:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have a happy. I have set my Avast to Hardened mode aggressive and it doesn't use that little deepscreen sandbox. it don't let anything through that is not on the webrep whitelist.

nite, nite

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. February 2014 @ 00:28

_
28. February 2014 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
domo arigato mr roboto.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2014 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am guessing the scrip filter has a web crawler that looks for infected web pages then adds it to the naughty list. If the page is clean the next time it is scanned it comes off to list. As you change pages/sites the filter checks the list before allowing you to open it. Most sites I visit are fairly secure. They may get infected but will be discovered and dealt with in 24 hrs. Many web hosts guarantee malware scans within 24 hrs. so even small timers can get that level of security.

I wonder how long a crawler's cycle is. If it is 12 hrs or less that is pretty safe. If it is 48 hrs that isn't all that safe.

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > how to block the new drive-by exploits

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork