User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > mbam pro v2.0 going subscription licensing ? present lifetime licenses to be honored.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
MBAM Pro v2.0 going subscription licensing ? Present lifetime licenses to be honored.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. February 2014 @ 21:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by RubbeR DuckY, Root Admin, Malwarebytes.org:
I am overjoyed to announce the first public beta of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0. I know you've been waiting a very long time for this and so have we! The purpose of this beta is to get feedback from the people we care most about -- our users!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and provide quicker access to key functionality.We have built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies that have been in beta for the past year. Additionally, we've rewritten Malicious Website Blocking and improved native x64 support. Most importantly, our detection and removal engine was significantly improved under the hood and kicks even more malware butt! This is the biggest rewrite we have ever undertaken, and we hope you?re thrilled with the result.

With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.x. We'll be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses during launch as well. On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.

We could have gone other routes to make our business more financially sustainable, like adding toolbars or advertisements like many other security products have, but that's not the company we are. We believe that products should be nag-free and cleanup shouldn't cost our users a dime, and we're going to stay true to that. Scanning for and removing malware will be free in version 2.x and beyond! You didn't pay to get infected, you shouldn't pay to clean it up!

Advertisement
_
__
_
12. February 2014 @ 14:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sounds good to me.congratulations.
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. February 2014 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You said you just got the pro, right? The lifetime lic will be good with the new v2.o when it comes out. I'm still testing it and it looks good. You know that the Pro doesn't block URL's, just IP's and that makes it great for P2P.. Even tho it don't block url's, if they get downloaded, the realtime file scanner grabs them. HiHo
_
12. February 2014 @ 14:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
looking at the beta as we speak.so to speak.
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. February 2014 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you play with it, you must uninstall your 1.x version. they conflict.
_
12. February 2014 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
done and done.
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. February 2014 @ 16:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you're going to test it and play like I do, don't be a hammerhead, use a virtual machine or have an image backup so you don't get in trouble. lol
Today I turned off all my protection and downloaded some zeroday threats, well one of them ran in my desktop screen and I couldn't find or get rid of it with anything I tried. Finally had to boot back into my real computer to get rid of it.. Sure hurts my pride to have to give up..
_
12. February 2014 @ 20:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
got my hdd clone to fall back on.hammerhead you say?im the origional mule there.getting better with old age tho.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2014 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
got my hdd clone to fall back on.hammerhead you say?im the origional mule there.getting better with old age tho.
Be glad you have that fall back. there's a major bug that came out in the last update, ver 2.00.0.0503

You might best step back.....
_
14. February 2014 @ 17:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
duly noted.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2014 @ 17:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2014 @ 18:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well here's the work around but, I think I will let them get a little more of their shit together before running it on my "real" machine again. I'll stay in my VM with it. lol

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=142313
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2014 @ 22:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just a little follow up. did you get the database up date that corrected mbam 2?
seems to be working ok now...

I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm still using it in my real machine. LOL

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. February 2014 @ 23:03

_
16. February 2014 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no i uninstalled as soon as you warned me.went back to the old version.think its safe now??
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2014 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, they fixed the update bug and seems like all ok. been running it and no problems so far. I like MBAM because it blocks bad ip addresses and gets the bad trackers when using utorrent. Avast also has a p2p filter.
_
16. February 2014 @ 23:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
one thing i couldnt get used to was k-9.it was a little to over by shoulder.its kind of like when you get told you have to wear a bicycle helmet after 50yrs of not wearing one.i think i will just make sure i have an up to date clone of my drive waiting to bail me out.lol
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2014 @ 23:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh haha, yeah k9 can be a little confusing, but it's the best dam blocker that has came along since a host file. host files have to have hundreds of thousands of addresses to block and they are always way behind the times. k9 does it in real time. most of the time when i am checking zeroday threats, k9 is the first to catch them. when i disable k9, avast is the next. FF is always in there and MBAM is the backup. if it misses them and allows them to download then it will catch them with the scanner when opened. Layered protection, I have worked on it for years and it works!
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@aldan,
Guess you got the update for mbam 2. I think it's a pre release of the final. The Beta key will not work but if you had a key for the 1.75 ver it should pick it up from the reg. If it doesn't, you can insert your 1.75 key and you are good for life....
_
27. February 2014 @ 15:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yep,got it.seamless transfer.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What are your thoughts on the ver 2? I see a few things that could be changed for my liking but nothing I can't live with.. maybe cut the size of the popup notifications.
_
27. February 2014 @ 15:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah,they are kind of annoying.ive already shortened the time they stay there.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. February 2014 @ 15:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Me too! he he
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > mbam pro v2.0 going subscription licensing ? present lifetime licenses to be honored.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork