User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 22:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > virus software
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Virus Software
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
17. February 2012 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Friends can you inform me about best antivirus software Which support for Windows 7
Advertisement
_
__
_
17. February 2012 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
personally,i use avira.its light on resources,it works,and best of all its free.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
17. February 2012 @ 15:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
web search for reviews..nough said

unsubbed

_
20. February 2012 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
personally,i use avira.its light on resources,it works,and best of all its free.
Hi Aldan Thanks for your kind information.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2012 @ 14:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Microsoft Security Essentials is the best virus software!

It is light and user-friendly.

You can download it here: windows.microsoft.com/mse
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. March 2012 @ 03:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Been using these two for ages and I've never had any problem at all.

WARNING: Do not "update/upgrade" your SAMSUNG BD-D5XXX series (Bluray Player), or else you cant enjoy any of your movie files.
How 2 downgrade Samsung BD-D5XXX Series Bluray player http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244
_
4. May 2012 @ 05:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i use microsoft security essentials , malwarebytes anti-malware and super antispyware.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
tamannah
Inactive
_
10. May 2012 @ 05:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i am using AVG . . . It is fine with me . . .
sinkmoscow
_
31. May 2012 @ 09:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I prefer Avast,Avira or Microsoft Security Essentails from the free programs.
aminbd
_
12. July 2012 @ 23:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Hello aldan!I tried to visit a website yesterday but could not as there was a warning that my pc was affected by virus.I use escan on the pc of my office, and can not switch to avira as the central administration of my institution will not allow. How could I get rid of this problem, please?
_
13. July 2012 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aminbd:

Hello aldan!I tried to visit a website yesterday but could not as there was a warning that my pc was affected by virus.I use escan on the pc of my office, and can not switch to avira as the central administration of my institution will not allow. How could I get rid of this problem, please?
ok,first,if you can download,update and run malwarebytes,and delete anything it comes up with.next,download,update and run superantispyware and delete anything it comes up with.next,download,update and run hijack this and post a log.do not fix anything with hjt yet.what antivirus are you using now?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. July 2012 @ 00:08

_
25. September 2012 @ 02:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
microsoft security essentials and windows firewall.

3 product reviews
_
29. September 2012 @ 01:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 is by far the best antivirus out there. It runs in a protected mode and scans for rootkits in a regular scheduled scan. It also updates daily and it seems to find virus/malicious programs that no other antivirus programs find. I personally have a subscription to 1-5 computers which was only $90 for a year. It's only $50 for a year subscription for 1-3 computers.

Since i own a computer store i advise almost all of my customers with previous virus issues to buy Kaspersky when the 30 day trial i put on their computers expire. Most of them will buy the program and tell me how much they like it.

http://www.kaspersky.com

Microsoft security essentials has some huge flaws when ran in xp and there is a special update available through windows update. In most cases i've seen that microsoft security essentials gets turned off and stops protecting your computer so the malicious programs can do whatever they want. I've seen rootkits that get installed this way and then the mbr gets corrupt. In the end you have a computer that turns on with a flashing cursor. With vista and windows 7 it's about the same. MSE will find infections and disinfect them but it never does a thorough job. It will leave behind the root file or a mbr infection and it will just keep coming back if you continue to use mse.

http://www.microsoft.com/mse

AVG will miss pretty much all of the newer malicious programs and have more false positives than the rest. AVG is pretty horrible, it doesn't protect against rootkits either.

http://www.avg.com

Norton 360 and Mcafee slow down your computer to a crawl. Norton will infect your computer with random false positives if your subscription expires. They are 2 horrible programs to stay away from. Though they have made deals with best buy and office max to get on every new computer. So they still have a large customer base, not from being a good product though. And when i say crawl (i own a g53sx, i7, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd beast) it lags so horribly bad you start thinking you didn't click on the option you selected.

http://www.norton.com and http://www.mcafee.com

Panda Antivirus works great but it does slow down your computer, it's not nearly as bad as norton and mcafee. It protects against pretty much everything and it's about the same price as kaspersky. Though Kaspersky is the best, and i don't think panda av has a rootkit scanner.

http://www.pandasecurity.com

Hope that helps you make a decision.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. September 2012 @ 01:18

JST1946
_
29. September 2012 @ 01:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had Norton on my computer and after it expired it wouldn't let me connect to the internet.After I un-installed it everything started working fine.Norton is a pain in the butt.I'm originally from Warren,Michigan by the way.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. September 2012 @ 01:56

Advertisement
_
__

_
fakhrul95
_
5. December 2012 @ 10:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jon3:
Friends can you inform me about best antivirus software Which support for Windows 7
dear friend u try Kasper sky antivirus.this is the best antivirus in the world.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - virus and spyware problems > virus software

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork