User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 06:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > don't meet minimum requirements for pc game
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Don't meet minimum requirements for PC game
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jimbov2186
_
20. April 2013 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey everyone,

I recently downloaded a game called The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I tried to launch the game, but a box comes up saying that I don't meet the minimum system requirements. I don't see what it is i'm missing maybe you can.

Here are the minimum requirements to play:

1. Minimum System Requirements
======================================================

OS (Operating System):     Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
Processor:                 Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
RAM:                       1024 MB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
Video:                     128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
Free HD Space:             8.5 GB available hard drive space
Sound:                     DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
DVD:                       DVD-ROM

Here are my system specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JIMMY-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 1564
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A01, 11/6/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Jimmy-PC\Jimmy
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.80 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.82 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.60 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.65 GB
Page File Space 3.80 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
20. April 2013 @ 19:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Maybe the game is just to old to be played on Windows 7.It only shows it can be played with XP and Vista on the system requirements.I have Microsoft Flight Simulator and I have the same problem.It won't work on Windows 7.Plus your processor is slower than what is required in the system requirements.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. April 2013 @ 19:56

jimbov2186
_
20. April 2013 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
Maybe the game is just to old to be played on Windows 7.It only shows it can be played with XP and Vista on the system requirements.I have Microsoft Flight Simulator and I have the same problem.It won't work on Windows 7.Plus your processor is slower than what is required in the system requirements.
I appreciate the reply. If that is the case than so be it. I'll just have to find another way to play the game. If there are any solutions anyone can think of please post and let me know.

Thanx again JST
ddp
_
20. April 2013 @ 21:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you have onboard video on that laptop. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1564_Reference%20Guide2_en-us.pdf
jimbov2186
_
24. April 2013 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
you have onboard video on that laptop. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1564_Reference%20Guide2_en-us.pdf
what does that mean?
ddp
_
24. April 2013 @ 22:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the onboard videocard of your laptop is what displays stuff on the screen. the link i posted above shows you what videocard you have which appears not to meet the game videocard requirements.
_
25. April 2013 @ 08:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
run it in compatibility mode windows xp sp 2 (right click properties on the launcher to get to that).

does its come up with a missing .dll file when you try and run it???

ddp your link isn't clickable (well on mine it doesn't work) but might be a video card issue.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
ddp
_
25. April 2013 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
xboxdvl2, link is not clickable as it is a pdf file so have to copy & paste the link to the browser to see the pdf file.
jimbov2186
_
2. May 2013 @ 20:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
run it in compatibility mode windows xp sp 2 (right click properties on the launcher to get to that).

does its come up with a missing .dll file when you try and run it???

ddp your link isn't clickable (well on mine it doesn't work) but might be a video card issue.
Well I tried running it in compatibility mode and that didn't work for windows xp sp2 or sp3 or vista. So i'm leaning toward it being my video card. Thanx again for all your help people.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
22. October 2013 @ 13:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It is definitely your graphics that can't handle this game, it is heavy on the graphics side of things due to the enhanced HD graphics. you wont run it with onboard.

It runs fine on windows 7 x64 so the OS is not the problem.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - games > don't meet minimum requirements for pc game

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork